jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Soldier runs for T0 map

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
So I was having a lot of fun earlier on rvr has soldier, got to 15 (?) (crazy hole jump), and I thought "Wouldn't it be awesome if I could skip this jump and continue my run with my timer on!".

So, it would be nice imo if there was a way to skip impossible jump on t0 map as the soldier man so everyone could have fun on those evil t0 map that rarely gets played anyway because they are t0!

Obviously we cant just make a lazy tele on the jump bshear style and create a cheatable way for demo to skip it and steal WR from my legit big boy Zike  ::)

And we would also need to test jumps to make sure they really are impossible before letting soldier skip those, but I think with tas now this shouldnt take very long considering there's not many t0 map out there. Big nerd 879m also told me he had a list of all rvr's impossible jumps (:

This would be cool (:

(:

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
Cool idea but i think they should be considered unofficial times in case a map comes out that we consider impossible but a long time later is discovered to be possible. Ex jump_demolition

879m

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
Most are pretty obvious if they are t0, rvr scorpion vertigo raina all have at least one jump where you go up with no walls/go through an impossible hole, same with some of the others. Still agree that they should be unofficial, you still haven't really finished the map.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
just use /l to go to the next level

honestly if you dont fully complete a map then time should not be recorded; it would be void and pointless

just do it for fun

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Well you're completing every jump that is possible for you to complete, just like you would in a regular map...

Now that I think about it tho, most of the jumps in nbn 2nd course would be hard to judge. All of them are possible except 7 i think, but would require crazy bounces and luck, and you cant really say that they are impossible because someone might come up with a somehow less luck base strat in the future.

I think something like a plugin that would tell you at the end of the map "You've completed X amout of jump in hours:min:sec" would be cool. Then there could be a leaderboard, a bit like the trickjump leaderboard that nobody knows about or uses, that would rank you by number of jump completed first, then by time. Ofc you wouldn't get pts for it, but it would be nice to see how many jump someone managed to do and compete against it.

I have no idea how hard it is to implement such thing tho (:

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
They already changed maps that have 1-2 course(s) per team to only use 1 team making 100% full runs possible. So this would be in that same vein of plugin shenanigans.

The only issue I see is that none of those runs would be compatible with offline, BUT most normal runs aren't anyway and that's been the point for a while.

I like the idea. Although some maps like glassydev would only end up with like 5 jumps.

Tyrael

• View Profile
I'd like this as well. There are a few maps that are possible until last jump (like air and network) so soldier having a separate end zone (or teleport through) on those would be nice.

Points could be given and if it's later discovered that a map is possible times could be wiped.

porkie

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +1/-0
  • play momentum mod instead
    • View Profile
I'd like this as well. There are a few maps that are possible until last jump (like air and network) so soldier having a separate end zone (or teleport through) on those would be nice.

Points could be given and if it's later discovered that a map is possible times could be wiped.

this ^^^
:^)