jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Real talk

Mireal · 26 · 3908

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
It's time for a tempus reform! There's demos rank 30 and under that struggle to do any t4 map that is FOR demo!
man cannot ascend with worldly values holding him down

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
It's time for a tempus reform! There's demos rank 30 and under that struggle to do any t4 map that is FOR demo!
I think this is the most disheartening thing about tempus now

When getting to a high rank doesn't require the player to be good at the class, something is wrong. It creates a lot of players that just arent good at all, to be blunt.

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
Daniel you just contradicted yourself buddy. Saying freeze glitches can be abused and triple prefires can't?? :-\ :-\
Triple pres make what would be a hard airpogo into an effortless jump and you say this is a "strategy".... Smh

I used to hate Triple airpogos because it was such a really easy thing to do, but since there's no point to really go against it, it really is a viable strategy or "trick" that can be used. For example: Soup Can on prism, he used some triple prefires which boosted his time quite a bit, so it is pretty helpful, but he's probably using "hurtme -99999" to prevent him from dying or something from Jamien's old regen script to modify it to "alias regen_on 'impulse 101; wait 1;regen_on' " so that he doesn't die as soon as he tries it.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Soup Can on prism, he used some triple prefires which boosted his time quite a bit, so it is pretty helpful, but he's probably using "hurtme -99999" to prevent him from dying or something from Jamien's old regen script to modify it to "alias regen_on 'impulse 101; wait 1;regen_on' " so that he doesn't die as soon as he tries it.
Pretty sure all that wasn't allowed

Zike

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
There's demos rank 30 and under that struggle to do any t4 map that is FOR demo!
This is because demo jumping is less competitive than soldier so you can get a high rank just from having high completion as well as the fact that there are also much fewer t4 maps intended for demo than t4 maps intended for soldier. Furthermore, many of these maps, like drenched and network, are not very good, and some of the others are rather old and unpopular (asdf, pure, karb).

Washed up hack

• Intermediate
  • P O W E R B O U N C E
    • View Profile
Fun fact: not a single triple pre in soups prism run.

Triple pres are pretty dumb since they abuse the health regen and would be entirely luck in normal jumping. Getting rid of them would require demos to be wiped which is pretty dumb, but Tempus is still in beta right? Web api when??

Also how could Mireal's posts be interpreted as shitposting tbh? Unless there were deleted ones they seem pretty genuine, no need to ban him.
Obeezy #1 fan

shoutout to my main man obz and my good friend b boogie. They are wonderful people.

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Can confirm that there were no deleted posts, it seems Daniel struggles to believe that I am a reformed character.

Also is anyone else excited for player stats!

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
Can confirm that there were no deleted posts, it seems Daniel struggles to believe that I am a reformed character.

Also is anyone else excited for player stats!

Stats? whaaaa  ??? ??? ???
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
The forum feature statistics! Player statistics and map statistics!

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
 Believe it or not, triple pres are bad
they ruin demo map runs and sometimes on maps like titan (*cough cough* totally not referring to soups run *cough cough*) you just triple pre half the jumps, and beat a very skillful and well earned timed with a bullshit time.
   Your argument to compare freezeglitching with triple pres is absolutely nonsensical bullshit. Freezeglitching is an exploit that is abuse with lag that doesn't even use jumping and triple pres is a demo strat evolved from the quick tempus regen. One is a strat, and one is an exploit. Although I do agree that there shouldn't be any triple pres in general, I would say that the best we can do is ban triple pres in jump map competitions and events like Toth.
   And to quickly address the topic of soldier maps, who really gives a fuck, its a soldier map that demos shouldn't be focusing on, so why bother trying to limit triple pres on there?
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
they shouldnt be focusing on but they are focusing on, simply because it doesnt require them to develop a full demo skillset, which in my opinion is a bad thing