jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Removing RNG factors from jumping

Xtra · 6 · 1444

Poll

Do you want everything containing RNG factor in it removed?

Yes
8 (42.1%)
No
7 (36.8%)
Some of it
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Xtra

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Tempus is the first actual speedrun jump server, actual server that tries to make "jump" an entire new gamemode.
I don't think jumping should remain like vanila tf2, jumping should become something else that actualy doesn't buttfuck anyone who tries to speedrun it... atm (the first thing that came in my mind) demomans especially have alot of crap that is based on luck, and even if removing it means changing jumping from the way you jump randomly on hightower... why not?
Demomans have spread, which is plain stupid and fucks runs randomly incase your airpogo got raped by spread, that's foolish and makes long airpogo plain impossible, although some people are nearly perfecting the art, they can't avoid from time to time from something to simply shit it and fail it.
Rollers..... why the fuck is that random, why won't it be plain collision physics(Cranck even coded in the past a plugin that fixes that iirc)

This is all based on the fact I look at jumping the same way I look at surfing, a whole new gamemode, that actualy supplies speedrunners a good infrastructure to achieve almost perfection skill-wise. This is simply IMPOSSIBLE with vanila settings... Let's change that and make jumping an actual speedrunning gamemode rather than a random piece of crap
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 05:43:07 PM by Xtra »

Peace

• I like demo :D
    • View Profile

Xtra

• View Profile
Even if it's not much it has the ability to fuck runs, it is plain luck afterall even if it's low chance to suffer from it...
Why should it be there?

Boshy

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I think spread for demo should be removed. But stuff like rolling stickies should stay, cause you can manipulate it in a way to make it more consistent (pretty much like a random bhop for solly). Basically removing completely random stuff, but keeping randomish stuff that you can manipulate.

Zike

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
A better idea imo is to make it so stickies don't bounce off people and just pass through them

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Rng is part of jumping at this point, and I'm not sure it's a good idea to remove it. I mean there's very little amount of rng involve in any run where it doesn't affect you that much. I can't speak for demo but it doesn't stop top demo jumper of doing amazing runs.

Even if losing some run to rng can be frustrating, and thing like anti-cheat tele on bouncerefic 8 is dumb and can't be controlled with more than 1 person, it's not 1 more reset that's gonna change anything. If you're going to quit just because you lost a run to rng, you're probably not fit for jumping. What is a 2 min reset when you've played this game for thousands of hours.