Welcome B)

jump_core

pants · 8 · 2421

pants

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Me am pants, me am make map:

20 odd or so levels designed as mid tier soldier. Demoman can skip all the button crap, might create a specific teleport if the connector is too annoying for eyepatch deconstruction man. I also couldn't be bothered making any hint text stuff because everyone ignores them, so use your noodle and if all else fails try shooting stuff.

Wanted to add some bonuses but its pretty full on lighting/memory size and I have lost the patience for any further significant optimisation.

Feedback welcome, or just wait till its released then complain.

Version _a4:

Version_b1: Some minor texture fixes, made boost jump thingy easier for demoman, added alternate strategies for longer pogo level, adjusted the jump polarity matrix.

Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ych35wamfrixpn/jump_core_b1.zip?dl=0

Vids:
xHappy Run on a4 version:

some idiot on b1 version doing go fast tas version:

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:20:22 AM by pants »

CyanBoterham

• Intermediate
  • My kielbasa sausage has just got to perform.
    • View Profile
Looks good even if i hate buttons.
Also it might be me, but the retractable boosting platforms, can you get those more consistent? I dont seem to complete understand how they work.

Superchuck

• Proficient
  • y-you too
    • View Profile
Holy hell, the jurf jump is AMAZING
The Rat Master

CyanBoterham

• Intermediate
  • My kielbasa sausage has just got to perform.
    • View Profile
also about the jurf jump with the buttons, you can skip the entire spiral part and just jurf to the 2nd button part and make it easely.

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Pros:
Amazing job on those moving things and speedrun strats
I really liked the jurf one, easy to cheat but ideas are very cool
I also enjoyed the edgebug into catch thingy

Cons:
I don't understand that jump http://puu.sh/oKCay/2d5cbcc86c.jpg (I noticed the platforms are moving when you shoot them but I never get pushed)
There is a small texture problem over there, might aswell want to fix it http://puu.sh/oKCoc/1eedcd02da.jpg
The pogo level is sooooooooo boring I'm sorry
The textures aren't always the same for stuff you can/can't shoot, ground that teleports you etc. Or maybe I'm dumb but it's just not clear.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 11:00:00 AM by Sir Plopy »

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
The trick with the boost thingos is to shoot them as you fall into them, you can prefire a rocket into the first one as well. I'll do a showcase when I've fixed more stuff and its closer to release which might make it more obvious.

Yeah I sorta imagined allowing to skip a bunch of the jurf one, forcing the spiral might be a bit too mean. First pogo level you can bhop to skip, 2nd is a bit slower, I can also probably add a hop there if people want to go fasts.

Ignore texture errors for now, going to fix a whole bunch and do a bit of lighting tweaks (like on that boost platform level). Ill have another look at consistency/obviousness for nogren/teleport surfaces.

EDIT: I have a good idea how to make the longer pogo level better (ie faster), just busy with IRL shit at the moment, new version may take a few weeks.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:50:49 PM by pants »

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
xHappy kindly did a showcase of the current version. Its more or less applicable for the inevitable final version which may include an alternate strategy for the longer pogo level.

I have no idea whats going on with that bounce strategy for that boost platform. Intended strategy is just prefire and shotgun the thing. Also 2nd last was intended as a quad i.e. you prefire 2 then shoot-down to catch up. But that staggered triple seems fine.

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
b1 version out, only 1 major change to longer pogo level. Also did an extra vid showin fasty strats and whatnot. If nothing major is wrong this is done.