Welcome B)

Issues recording old STV demos

protist ?

• Novice
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • *floats around aimlessly*
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Hey guys, so I've got some old STV demos that I want to record but I'm having some issues with them and am wondering if anyone knows any fixes. Some of them seem pretty similar but I think they are all separate problems. The first two are both related to viewmodels not showing correctly.

I've noticed that in some of these older STVs (from August last year) the first person weapon models do not show up until the weapon is fired or switched at least once. This means if the player doesn't fire or switch their weapon some time before the jump I want to record there is no viewmodel. No amount of changing r_drawviewmodel in console seems to help. I think it might be that the weapon drawing animation is stuck before the weapon is on screen because I have had other problems with weapon reload animations being stuck when fast forwarding through STV demos but I really have no way to verify that. Anyone know a way to force these weapon viewmodels to update or something like that?

The other issue I've had is that the viewmodel is invisible but then flickers onto the screen for a millisecond before disappearing again for a second over and over. This one is especially frustrating because it seems to fix itself as soon as the player taunts after the jump! >:(

This last one is really an oddball, I've got one STV demo that has triggers showing for some reason. Same deal with console commands not helping and I even tried to add an empty alias for showtriggers and showtriggers_toggle in the Lawena config so that any player commands left in the demo wouldn't be executed. However, this didn't help and on watching the demo to see where the triggers first show up (they don't show up until like tick 260000 or something :o) it doesn't seem like the player toggled the triggers themselves, rather they seem to appear when the player reaches a point really far outside the normal playing area because regen/health prevents the death pit from killing them.

Anyone else run into any of these problems, and if so find a fix for them? Or are these demos just fucked? For the 2 viewmodel problems I've thought of a solution of just recording viewmodels in a completely black map and then overlaying them on the clips without viewmodels but this seems like a LOT of work and I'd rather use an easy fix if it exists. For the trigger problem I can't really think of anything except rerecording it which sucks because it's a pretty ridiculous demo that took like 2-3 hours to hit. If any STV wizards could help me out I'd be pretty grateful!

qzc

• Novice
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
You could try replacing the trigger textures with a transparent texture in your custom folder. For the viewmodel bugs, you're probably fucked.