jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

I'd like a coach, please read for details.

The Flowey Nation

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hi there, I'm new to the forum, and only recently found this entire community, but have always loved rocket jumping but never really learned to do anything to complex, I'm also not sure what level i could be classified as, in experience. I'd really love if someone were to generally coach me and maybe judge on what i need to learn and improve. I'd also love to learn Demo jumping as the Demo is one of my mains and I didn't know there was complex methods of sticky jumping, other than placing and launching. Thanks!

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
This may seem like a harsh response or something you've heard 10 times in the past but it is the best advice anyone could ever give you: those things take time so take your time and it'll come eventually. Jumping is a very hard mechanic to master in all its technics and gimmicks. For the basics, there are tons of tutorials out there and of course, advices to speed up your understanding of what you do wrong with a teacher. But a teacher cannot help until you reach the best level possible. You'll have to spend A LOT of time by yourself practicing over and over.

If you haven't already, try to ask the Jump Academy crew. Those guys are more willing to help than any other jumper.

If you feel like Jump Academy isn't the place for you to find a coach or a teacher, I'm sure someone here will be volunteer (and if nobody does, I guess I can help a bit if you absolutely need that).

Also here's something that I didnt believe at the time but that actually helped me: run maps that are easy for you. Try to beat your own times, go for flawless runs of easy courses. In the meantime, try to complete courses a bit above your current level. This process will make your more consistent and that is the key to be good at anything: getting more and more consistent.

I hope I helped, atleast a bit.
Good luck and welcome :)

Syro

Also here's something that I didnt believe at the time but that actually helped me: run maps that are easy for you. Try to beat your own times, go for flawless runs of easy courses. In the meantime, try to complete courses a bit above your current level. This process will make your more consistent and that is the key to be good at anything: getting more and more consistent.

The Flowey Nation

• View Profile
Ok cool, thanks guys, I'' definitely be spending more time on my own practicing jumping, and thanks for clearing up how this forum differed from the website, I thought this was where i could get a jump academy (OR experienced player) as a coach, I didn't think practicing on my own would help, because i didn't know my skill level, but i guess as long as the jump gets me where I want in the manor I want it doesn't matter how much skill I used, unless I'm showing off to my friends  ;). Thanks again for clearing the air and giving me some great ideas, ill be sure to message this forum, and you guys, if i really, REALLY need help. Peace out, -Flowey

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Also...

If you get stuck somewhere in a map, make sure you check out a playthrough of the map to show you how everything is done. Spectating good jumpers on random maps can increase your understanding of what's going on (Tempus is a good place to do that) too.