jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

My Review on Jump.tf

Horiuchi

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  Where shall I start gee... I really dislike Jump.tf and the community I have seen so far.
Noone had offered to help after going to around 4 Servers... I get no help in rocket jumping at all and just quit at a map. I once thought looking at this website I could gain experience, wisdom, and helping others with the same issues. But I feel like the SFM short is a lie to what I have seen. I feel like I have been discouraged and looked down apoun. Unless someone could prove to me that the community that I have seen is not what should be there, then I may reconsider my review.

SIDENOTES

I have been in the servers up to 30 mins looking for someone to help... none.
This feels like a waste of my time.

nick

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +2/-0
    • View Profile
you're on the wrong site and you're probably going on the wrong servers, the sfm short you're referring to was made for jumpacademy.tf and not jump.tf.
going to this steam group and going the servers listed is probably what you want http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2jumpacademy

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy
The community is run by volunteers.  So you have to understand that one cannot realistically expect prompt response to requests for help by teachers not on the servers when you are.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
If you're playing on any Tempus servers, I really doubt you will get much help for a few reasons. One being, the players on Tempus are usually running maps trying to get good times, not help others. Tempus wasn't designed to help new jumpers, it was designed for "competitive" jumpers who jump at a higher level than average. Two, the players are focusing on one thing, good times. They cannot run maps while taking time to help others. Besides, jumping takes a long time to learn, and most people don't understand this. We see a lot of people come into the servers who want to learn to jump, but that dream soon dies once they figure out how challenging it is; it takes a very special type of idiot to want to keep jumping after they learn how hard it is. Because of this, most of the time when you help someone, it goes to waste since they don't stick around. Players do not want to waste their time on helping others, because like i said it usually goes to waste.

There are ways to help new jumpers, just look at Jump Academy. Jump Academy's servers have teachers there willing to help, and they have a subforum here on this site. The fact that I have never seen you post here for help, and then you go and complain about this site not being helpful leads me to believe you're either a troll, or very dumb.  ::)

Show some effort and actually try to look for help before you criticize, thanks. :)
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

fishy

jump.tf does not encompass every jump server

jump academy's SFM only applies to jump academy's servers

if you hopped onto random jump servers and felt like you were looked down upon then you were in the wrong place

tempus servers like vexon said are for speedrunning, not for learning

jump academy is the place you want to go if you want active community help in your learning process

sidenote: you don't NEED help to learn how to jump. it's a luxury. a lot of us learned a lot to all of our jump ability by ourselves, just trying to do a map until we can finally beat it, and then trying to do it faster and faster. all jump servers are entirely volunteer hosted, meaning nobody holds an obligation to help you with anything at any point in time, unless they have a teacher position on jump academy. then that is literally their job. if they are busy, they are busy. if they are being assholes and talking down to you, report them so that moderators/admins can deal with them.

but, it sounds to me like you didn't even make it to jump academy and just immediately sought to complain about your bad experience on a random server here. so.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:22:47 PM by fishy »

Laerym

• View Profile
I sort of agree with the poster. There's a lot of elitism on jump.tf especially from people like vexon. I also think the admins are sometimes quite harsh.

fishy

"nothing short of tyrants"

can't hide that from anyone :P

as for agreeing with op, you agree with a misconception? he felt lied to by the jump academy SFM when that has nothing to do with jump.tf

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
If you're trying to learn on tempus you're doing absolutely the wrong thing. You should be learning by yourself, with YouTube and possibly jump academy.

protist ?

• Novice
  • *floats around aimlessly*
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
I sort of agree with the poster. There's a lot of elitism on jump.tf especially from people like vexon. I also think the admins are sometimes quite harsh.

In what ways are the admins harsh?  ??? I think they do a pretty good job keeping all those unruly memesters in line!

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile

Is this kid an alt or something..
I've been called the song bird of my generation.

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
^and you complain about vexon making unnecessary posts smh

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
^and you complain about vexon making unnecessary posts smh
lmfao.
yes dan, we have a whole thread about it, we all know. maybe one day you'll have more posts then me, but until then, keep dreamin  8)