jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Consistent Flat Wallbugs

Reich | Jump.tf

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • Wallbugs are fun.
    • View Profile
So I was doing some testing, and about 2-3 weeks back, I found that flat wallbugs are consistent with the right timing, though the timing is dependent on the horizontal angle looking at the wall. This find can lead to skilled wallbug strats that are as consistent as bounces/bouncehops. I am losing interest in jumping, slowly, so I'm just throwing this out there. Do your own testing if you want, this is a very interesting find, you can see what results I have come up with in this text document https://puu.sh/smOTz/74ffe2cddf.txt (velocity is the horizontal speed at the time of the wallbug)

tl:dr: flat wallbugs are consistent with the right angle and timing.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 08:31:55 PM by Reich | Jump.tf »

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile

fishy

when you say flat wallbugs, do you mean normal ass walls with no texture change, or playerclip walls, or walls with texture change?

Lopez

• Intermediate
  • can't find his car keys
    • View Profile
when you say flat wallbugs, do you mean normal ass walls with no texture change, or playerclip walls, or walls with texture change?

Flat wallbugs happen wherever there is a horizontal seam between 2 brushes. So it would happen at any horizontal texture change.
ultimate hammer mapping tutorial here

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile

Lopez

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Sounds good, Ill call them texture wallbugs then.

fishy

ah yeah this has been a known thing for a while now. good to see it getting some attention from someone willing to write it all down though lol

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
angled wallbugs sounds like aids
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

Lopez

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
angled wallbugs sounds like aids

They're great if you're trying to wallbug, though. They're the easiest to hit and can be put anywhere in a map.