jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

JumpAcademy - Wall 4 - I have been attempting this jump for MONTHS!

DannCo · 7 · 2162

DannCo

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Wall 4 on the JumpAcademy map, I've managed it once or twice but I just absolutely can not do in consistently, I've watched and re-watch tutorials over and over and over and over, I've had possibly 60 different people attempt to help me on my usual server, and I just fucking can't get it!

For the longest time I couldn't even get past the fucking wall, I'd jump off the red wall and then either land back at the start, or hit the side of the barrier wall. Now I can get past it but I can't do the strafe, I either come off backwards and just straight up am not able to even think about doing it, or if I try to come out of the wall jump facing forward I just end up back at the starting platform, or I get hit in the face with the wall.

I have been trying this since November 2016, that's 4 fucking months ago, and I still can't get it, probably 20 hours pluss alone on just this jump. Is it straight up impossible for me to do? Because it's really looking that way.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
i'd say, instead of grinding one jump, you play a bunch of different low tier maps that subject you to multiple different jumps and techniques. thats the quickest way to learn imo. jumping is 90% self-taught and doing a bunch of variations of the same jump (walljumps, pogos, etc.) will help you learn faster than playing just one jump
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
What Vexon said.

Also, I don't know what jump you're stuck on, just say the jumpnumber.

DannCo

• View Profile
What Vexon said.

Also, I don't know what jump you're stuck on, just say the jumpnumber.

It's literally in the title, Wall 4 on JumpAcademy...

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Oeps, my bet.

You can litterally do that jump by crouch walking backwards and just shooting the ground at a bit of an angle.

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy

Dr Gains

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
If the instructions in that video dont really help, try going through jump_rush. Your problem is either not aiming in the right area or not strafing right, and that map should help you get a somewhat better feel on things. If you still cant get it, I could spectate you and try to give tips myself.