Welcome B)

cp_orange_50f_tower_v6 Competition

Happysedits

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hello jump.tf,
I decided to make a competition to test all you professional jumpers here :D
What the competition is:
Record the biggest sync jump on map cp_orange_50f_tower_v6 ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=883953316 ), put it on Youtube and send link to that video under this thread. The biggest or cleanest jump will win 1 key from me, I'll give it to you via trade offers, deadline will be in 14 days, it can extend, depends.
I might do video from reacting to your giant jumps on my Youtube channel called Burny / Happysedits.
If you know or have added on steam some very very good jumper that doesn't come to these forums, could you send him this forum post?
I wish you luck on jumping! Let the most skilled jumper win!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 05:09:19 PM by Happysedits »

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
First of, the video doesn't work. ( see you removed it just as I posted this)

Secondly, this competition is not really very interesting since a good simple quint already gives you max velocity/height. So it doesn't do shit if you sync 9 rockets or 5 rockets.

Happysedits

• View Profile
First of, the video doesn't work. ( see you removed it just as I posted this)

Secondly, this competition is not really very interesting since a good simple quint already gives you max velocity/height. So it doesn't do shit if you sync 9 rockets or 5 rockets.

It wasnt a video but link to a channel, idk why it counted as a video, probably a bug.
You cant go more than 5 rockets at once? (Thats new to me) Doesn't matter anyway to me, more rockets = good, can be same speed, but a lot of rockets is better then just 5.

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Basically, when you sync 5 rockets perfectly, you'll reach the max velocity when going straight up. So adding more rockets is actually very useless (when going up only, nobody has done further testing for distance even though a couple distance jumps with more than 5 rockets exist).

Boshy

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
You can remove the speed cap if you set sv_maxvelocity to like 999999. That being said the competition is still pretty silly and I don't think a lot of people will try this. Also you should record a demo instead of the actual vid to make things easier as well as prevent people cheating it with tas (if there are even people who would do that LOL).

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
You can remove the speed cap if you set sv_maxvelocity to like 999999. That being said the competition is still pretty silly and I don't think a lot of people will try this. Also you should record a demo instead of the actual vid to make things easier as well as prevent people cheating it with tas (if there are even people who would do that LOL).
There were people who used tas on a challenge from b4nny where you could win a hat....

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
that was just casual trolling
There were multiple people using tas, not just casual.

haha did b4nny know it was TAS
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile