jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Jungle Inferno Balance Changes

John · 23 · 3129

Syphilis

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hell no. It is waaay to easy to hit for the amount of damage it does. It would be strong even without the faster fire rate on hit. Overall it might not be that powerful because of the pathetic range but up close it's stupid, geberally a pretty shit weapon.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
Hell no. It is waaay to easy to hit for the amount of damage it does. It would be strong even without the faster fire rate on hit. Overall it might not be that powerful because of the pathetic range but up close it's stupid, geberally a pretty shit weapon.

it has no splash or anything though. its basically the direct hit for pyro.....which means you most likely wont hit every shot unless youre shooting at total morons.
i mean i guess i see where youre coming from, but time will tell
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
I think the dragon's fury is a great weapon

but

I fear Valve might nerf it to hell after lots of complaints and make the weapon absolute shit

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
I think the dragon's fury is a great weapon

but

I fear Valve might nerf it to hell after lots of complaints and make the weapon absolute shit

my thoughts exactly. its good, but it really isnt THAT good. plus you have to be within really close range too. i think its pretty balanced imo

Syphilis

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Dunno. All the other weapons that have two-shot potential require way more accuracy than this. Feels like another weapon that can be very strong in a bad player's hands.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Dunno. All the other weapons that have two-shot potential require way more accuracy than this. Feels like another weapon that can be very strong in a bad player's hands.

if this is your main concern and the phlog/backburner arent then you needa get your priorities straight tbh. it really isnt OP

False_

• Administrator
  • Intermediate
    • View Profile
But standard flamethrowers have worse range, and deal less burst. It isn't hard to hit 90% of your shots with the DF against even good players, since it's so hard to dodge, so you can consistently kill anyone within about 1s (3 shots in 1.06s based off of wiki, enough to kill 175hp classes, only need .53s more to kill a soldier). I guess it's punishing to miss, but it isn't any death sentence. Just make the projectile have a smaller hitbox so it takes skill to aim, and maybe reduce firerate bonus or damage, then it'll be fine.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
But standard flamethrowers have worse range, and deal less burst. It isn't hard to hit 90% of your shots with the DF against even good players, since it's so hard to dodge, so you can consistently kill anyone within about 1s (3 shots in 1.06s based off of wiki, enough to kill 175hp classes, only need .53s more to kill a soldier). I guess it's punishing to miss, but it isn't any death sentence. Just make the projectile have a smaller hitbox so it takes skill to aim, and maybe reduce firerate bonus or damage, then it'll be fine.

I'd be for making the projectile hitbox smaller