jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Crouch jumping stickies

Canatime

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hello !
So I had always been sticky-jumping by pressing jump, crouch and detonate at the same time and it worked perfectly well until I came across this video :
( the important part is from 0:23 until 0:58 , not that the rest isn't important, it's just not what I'm talking about ).
I had never heard about it before and I thought I should give it a go since I'm already c-tapping as soldier. But to my surprise, this came to me as much harder than I had initially expected. First it makes starting air-pogos much harder, since I find it much less "stable", I don't go as straight forward as I used to, but even worse it barely gives me as much momentum, sometimes less ! But I noticed experienced jumpers seem to do it ( I see the little visual "glitch" you get when you crouch then jump ). However I think I heard habib (the froyotech player) say that it was useless, but I may be wrong.
So what's going on ? Is that normal and should I just persevere, or is it not worth it ?

scotch

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
Its not ctapping, the important distinction is that here you dont let go of crouch, all it does is ensure you consistently get max height from the sticky/rocket jump (max no-ctap for soldier). ctapping as demo will indeed give you less boost. its good to get into the habit of doing and will make jumping out of low height water more consistent as well.

Canatime

• View Profile
Ho thank you so much ! <3
All of that just because of a small misunderstanding !
I spent weeks learning to c-tap stickies for nothing. XD

League

• Intermediate
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile
Ho thank you so much ! <3
All of that just because of a small misunderstanding !
I spent weeks learning to c-tap stickies for nothing. XD
That would make sticky jumping a living hell:/
hmm