vantael

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
w
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 04:25:15 PM by vantael »

Lokfeyn_

• View Profile
Overall I think this is solid start , there are some spacing problems and also i think there is no reason to add quint at last when u get regen and wall isnt nogrenade , but overall its pretty good imo.

TheRaven

• View Profile
I think the idea for the map is good. I like how you get better at the jumps but the map gets progressively harder. However, I feel like the map lacks quite a lot.

The jumps all feel like filler jumps. I bet you most jumpers have done a triple, tele and quint sync a million times, and doing it one after the other is just kind of tedious. I would have loved to see the jumps be more connected. Like, if the first one is a tele. Then it's a tele to a ramp. Then a tele, to a ramp, to a wallsync - whatever, you get the idea. I feel like this would be more fluid. This felt more like a "Do a tele. Now do a tele, then a triple. Now do a tele, triple and quint".

I recently made a map with skybox walls. After making them into solid walls, the map felt a lot better. It's impossible to calculate your speed on this map. Also, I don't get why the floor is so low, when the tele is much higher.

You can't tell the nogrenade and the shootable walls apart. That's not good. Last doesn't have nogrenades.

Remember to add regen to the map. I died trying to complete it.

It's all just my opinion of course, and every jumper likes different jumps.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 01:00:40 PM by TheRaven »

Zyphon

• Novice
    • View Profile
Interesting idea, but not a great execution "yet". IMO the textures are really bad it made it really unpleasant (especially the skybox walls) to play despite the jumps being OK. Last needs some fixing because when you telesync you spawn right on the very edge which is really awkward. Assuming that you're not done yet, the control point at the end is an error sign. It's your first map so good job so far, just try to fix some things and it will be much better to play.