jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Momentum Mod

Beetle179

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
hey everyone, i'm Beetle179, a source surfer :^)

some years ago, Gocnak (former HL2 speedrunner, streamer, cool guy) began working on a game called Momentum Mod. Momentum will be a free standalone game centered around Source engine movement -- primarily skillsurfing and bunnyhopping. the game is currently in closed Alpha testing (version 0.8.1). the game will be opened to the public for Beta testing with version 1.0.0 and fully released with version 2.0.0. i've been helping out a bit with the project as a consultant/ambassador for surfing, plus other little things here and there :^)

though we're focusing on surf and bhop, one of our stretch goals is to accommodate more of the Source movement gamemodes, such as kz, trikz, tricksurf, and jump. what this means is leaderboards, better mapping tools, and lots of QOL features for each mode.

the game is open-source (for the foreseeable future). Larry, a jumper in our discord server, took the first steps to adding jump to Momentum by implementing a rudimentary/barebones version of jump using our existing assets. although we're a long, long way away from full implementation, i wanted to reach out to the jump community for some help. we don't really have any members who jump -- we don't really know how you guys do things (timers? zones? cheat prevention?).

we want help!! Momentum will be totally free-to-play and we're all working in our free time. we have a small team trying to do a lot! the upcoming Tip of the Hats will use Momentum for its surf segment! anyway, we would love your help in mapping out the RJ portion of the game -- again, for implementation in the not-so-near future, but at least so we can get the ball rolling. and selfishly, if any of you are so inclined, to join our project :^) the best way to get in touch is to post on our Discord, or DM me directly on Discord (Beetle179#2407)

here's a quick overview of our project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnTVMuZ5Fg8
and our discord server: https://discord.gg/V4gS7Qg
and an FAQ: https://bit.ly/2QgMbwO
thank you for your time!

quick aside -- if this is in the wrong section or against any rules (I couldn't find a rules list :?), i'm happy to repost it elsewhere or change anything i need to, please just let me know

generic

• Novice
  • eh?
    • View Profile
This is really exciting! I heard word of something like this being worked on, I'm sure there will be plenty of people here that want to help out.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 12:07:23 AM by generic »

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

newjuls

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

donuttt

• Intermediate
  • hehe
    • View Profile
tempus 2 is cancelled

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
can't wait for rob to just come back from cryogenic storage when this gets a full release