jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

jump_lombardi

EasyE · 10 · 1420

EasyE

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
jump_lombardi, t3 soldier, t2 demo probably.

This is my first jump map, I think the current version is close to being the final version but I thought some more feedback couldnt hurt .
Also I was having issues with the lighting, so the final version will have the blocky lights/shadows fixed.

a10: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aouAfANZwDPej94C0mdfJaKVTJO7kfo5/view?usp=sharing

b1 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GMf58JGfnRiw3YCqclKr_lsSfv_cgnel/view?usp=sharing

final: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10PLN2Dy2nyDbKDjX6XTI4-NxMRMsL89O/view?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 03:00:08 PM by EasyE »

Finn91

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Hello !

Here's my feedback

Jump 1 -> End platform is maybe a bit too high (I play with stock tho) or I'm just shit
Jump 2 -> Seems fine
Jump 3 -> Fine and really cool
Jump 4 -> Good
Jump 5 -> You can ctap from the speedshot platform to the right wall and just do it with wallshots, Idk if it's really an issue tho
Jump 6 -> You forgot nogrenades on the first wall
Jump 7 -> You can ctap from the end of ramp to wallshot and sync (actually you don't even need to ctap)
Jump 8 -> This jump felt weird during first tries but I think nothing's wrong actually
Jump 9 -> Good
Jump 10 -> Jump is fine but why is it last jump ? It's clearly the easiest jump of the map

Good map overall !
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 08:46:23 AM by Finn91 »

Klowwd

• Proficient
    • View Profile
This is your first map? It's really well done, great job! Here's my feedback:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't see what else really needs to be done here. Great job on this map!

hex

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
pretty fun map, some very interesting jumps and its definitely a really cool map to look at.

it'd be nice if the map had tick regen, like this but 200 or 900 instead of 175 https://imgur.com/a/5oS6zWQ

detailed feedback:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Steve

• View Profile
Hey there! Well done on your first map!

I really enjoyed playing through this, unique style and nice jumps.

2 Critiques:
1. It's a little bit dark for me, perhaps try to make it look like it does on "mat_fulbright 2"; as that looked really nice IMO.
2. The text "HARD" on jump 5 has collision on it, meaning with wall shots you can slam into it and you can also stand on it. I'd suggest making this a func_illusionary.

Other Thoughts: I would add a marker on the 2nd ramp for a sync on 2nd last, as I almost always had to sync to make it (but I didn't test this a-lot). Last is a bit easy but I liked it!

EasyE

• View Profile
Thanks for the comments! It's really appreciated
Quote from: hex
it'd be nice if the map had tick regen
not sure if it's too problematic but i only ever noticed the hint cubes on second last, i just thought were detailing
added the tick regen, and a thing to explain the hint cubes at the start.

Finn: Jump 1 -> End platform is maybe a bit too high (I play with stock tho) or I'm just shit

Hex: jump 1, like finn said, the starting platform seems pretty high. it's not too difficult with original but i couldn't get it in ~10 minutes with stock, though thats probably just me being bad. some sort of anti-telesync tech might be helpful so theres not something stupid you do when running this on tempus

I'd like to keep the platform at the same height, I think it's an unusual jump but it teaches players a useful skill. I might change it if I get more feedback on it.
There's also already a one way nonade at the start, I used the method shown by starkie here https://jump.tf/forum/index.php/topic,3069.0.html

finn: Jump 5 -> You can ctap from the speedshot platform to the right wall and just do it with wallshots, Idk if it's really an issue tho
hex: jump 5,maybe add an "easy" on the right and some other blue textures to sorta match the left?
it seems strange that the 'harder' strat uses a right starting wall
steve: The text "HARD" on jump 5 has collision on it

I added a glass block above that platform so you can't cheese it.
I added the easy to the right side and made the wall stick out so it should be more obvious. Also, I made both sides teleport you to the right wall. I think the strafe you have to make to do the easy route from the right side isn't that unnatural, but I might be wrong.
And the hard text is now non-solid

finn: Jump 6 -> You forgot nogrenades on the first wall
hex: jump 6, you can telehop sync from 5 and completely skip the jump, not sure if that's a intended as a strat or not but it's pretty awkward because of how low the ceiling is.

The nonade is fixed.
The telehop strat is intended, and I think I'll keep the ceiling low so its not as easy to do the speedrun strat, especially because it skips the triple entirely.

finn: Jump 7 -> You can ctap from the end of ramp to wallshot and sync (actually you don't even need to ctap)

I was trying to fix this, but I'm not quite sure how I could without making the intended jump worse. I'm fine with leaving it in but if I can find a anti-cheat method I'll put it in.

klowwd:  it's really easy to cheese this jump by going slow
hex: jump 8 felt very confusing and disorienting since i tried doing it slow my first playthrough

I shortened the wallshot wall, and extended the glass to make it harder to go by slowing. Still possible but I think I'm okay with it now.
I added a hint box to make it more clear what you're supposed to do

steve:  I would add a marker on the 2nd ramp for a sync on 2nd last

Yeah I'd agree that 2 sync catches seems to be the easiest and most common option, so I added the marker onto the 2nd ramp.

finn:Jump 10 -> Jump is fine but why is it last jump ? It's clearly the easiest jump of the map

Honestly I just like having 2nd last be the hardest and "last" being something really easy thats not that much of a jump. jump_home and a few others do the same thing

I've uploaded the map with the changes listed above, here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GMf58JGfnRiw3YCqclKr_lsSfv_cgnel/view?usp=sharing
Thanks again for all the feedback :)

yeye

• Novice
    • View Profile

Finn91

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
I'd like to keep the platform at the same height, I think it's an unusual jump but it teaches players a useful skill. I might change it if I get more feedback on it.

How many times have you done this jump with stock ? I'm not sure you realize how high this is, like it's not that hard but it's really tough for a first jump and I'm also not sure it'll end how you want, I think it'll be just frustrating for beginner stock users and the best advice you could give them is switch to ori.

I added a glass block above that platform so you can't cheese it.

You can still cheese it even if it's harder. Best anti cheat would be a ceiling above the speedshot platform, kinda low but not enough to break the speedshot ofc. Anyways I don't think it's a major issue, like it was still not easy to do it, just a recover strat if you fail the speedshot of easy way, but I'm not sure people taking the easy way can ctap, so Idk

I was trying to fix this, but I'm not quite sure how I could without making the intended jump worse. I'm fine with leaving it in but if I can find a anti-cheat method I'll put it in.

The intended way is actually pretty easy, currently you can shot the very start of the ramp and still do it with almost too much speed (like you have to strafe to the sides). So you can extend a bit the whole ramp and also extend the nonade part of the ramp, I don't think people will shot this late anyways

Honestly I just like having 2nd last be the hardest and "last" being something really easy thats not that much of a jump. jump_home and a few others do the same thing

Yeah I see, It was just a bit surprising :)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 02:24:19 PM by Finn91 »

EasyE

• View Profile
Fixed the pixel walk found by yeye, and lowered the ending platform for jump 1 by 2 units (actually does make a difference)

If there's no other bugs or anything found I think I'll rename this version to just "jump_lombardi" and finalize the map