jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Bounce analyser

ILDPRUT · 20 · 12176

ILDPRUT

• Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Updated plugin to fix:
- Wrong bounce setups sometimes getting displayed by taking small player elevation (0.03125 units) into account.
- Rare bogus angle intervals
- Small math error that would probably never have caused a problem.
- Live version being practically useless because I wrote && instead of & in one place + smarter menu updating (copy abounce_live.smx to tf/addons/sourcemod/plugins/ to update live version).

ondkaja

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Awesome plugin, number one bounce checking plugin, a must have.

A feature request would be to add bhop starts, as I often find myself finding bhop starts manually with alert. Supposedly jb starts are different than bhop starts, if so it could be added as well.

ILDPRUT

• View Profile

A feature request would be to add bhop starts, as I often find myself finding bhop starts manually with alert. Supposedly jb starts are different than bhop starts, if so it could be added as well.

Never thought about that kind of setup. Should be easy enough to implement with some better bounce filtering so it doesn't show if simpler strats like jump off are available. Guess it should have the same priority as angled bounces.

ondkaja

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile

Never thought about that kind of setup. Should be easy enough to implement with some better bounce filtering so it doesn't show if simpler strats like jump off are available. Guess it should have the same priority as angled bounces.

Had a closer look and there's three different setups that could be added as they all result in different heights:

bhop start (+jump)
jb start (-duck, +jump)
crouch-bhop start (+duck, +jump)

This was tested at 240 u/s on soldier, it seemingly gets a bit inconsistent on different speeds. So the setups may be different for soldier and demo.

ILDPRUT

• View Profile
  • Added visualisation of your selections in the form of a white square
  • Added support for selecting spike tips as ground/surfaces
  • Added support for selecting sloped ceilings that are connected to walls