jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Mobile site should be improved

Treynolds416

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
It's not in that bad of a state right now, but it's still pretty weird

Issues I've encountered (1080p phone screen)
- Portrait orientation squishes the site onto the left side of my screen, all of the text as a result is pushed onto new lines and makes really thin awkward paragraphs
- The "Forums jump.tf" header covers up my profile/login button in both portrait and landscape, can't login from front page
- This isn't really a mobile problem, but there's a large amount of empty space between the body and footer if there's not enough content in the body. When you go to a new page, the viewing height does not reset, so often times you'll find yourself looking at a grey screen. When I went on my phone, I thought the profile button didn't work because all I saw was grey
Can provide pictures if needed

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
I really appreciate the input. It's definitely on my list.  I tried to mess with it once before, but it turned out to be a little more complicated than expected, so I reverted the changes.  I think the layout of the main site would be fine if it just displayed regularly on mobile devices, so you could zoom into the main posts column or the sidebar or whatever, but the base theme I've customized has some messed up mobile theme code, so I'll have to dig into it when I have more time.

It looks messed up on my phone too, but it seems to have different issues than yours.  Basically on mine the The logo takes up the full browser width, and the content takes up a little over 1/2.  The sidebar gets shunted to below the main posts, so the login and site status stuff is just before the footer content.

No need to send pictures at this point, since I'm going to just try to remove all mobile formatting so it uses all the same css as the main page; but once I get it working for me it would be nice to have other people test it on their devices.

Treynolds416

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
No, what you've described is the same problem I have. I probably didn't explain it very well haha

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
Ok cool, I guess I misunderstood.  Should be able to troubleshoot it on my phone then hopefully.

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
I think I kinda fixed the weird width issues by hiding the site logo image in the mobile version. Not ideal, but probably not a huge issue.  It looks like it's  super complicated to cut out the mobile theme, as there is code for it embedded in quite a few files that are crucial to the layout, so this will have to do for the moment.