jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Happenings of 2014

Shikai · 8 · 1515

Shikai

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hi,

most of you probably don't know me since I wasn't that active in the community, but I've been active on and off for quite a while. I spent most of 2014 abroad and have no clue what's happened in the TF2 jumping scene since then, and actually hardly know anything from the time on when TF2jump went down. Would anyone mind to fill me in?
Also, I saw some old faces in the forums, and if any of them read this: What happened to the old Chilloutzone jump server? I already saw that jump.it went down, so what's the new EU place to hang out at?

Thanks in advance!

jondy

• Novice
    • View Profile
Chilloutzone 2.0 is back  8)

edit:  heres IP, 84.201.1.18:27015
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 01:57:05 PM by jondy »

obsidiian

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
TF2RJweekly might be dead soon...

Beginnings 2 coming up very very soon, this time it's being run by me, Brock, and Afterglow along with many other changes which will be revealed soon

This guy named cody appeared out of nowhere and is the best demo jumper ever

There is now an unreleased and highly controversial jump plugin to create perfect runs

Tempus came out, it's a speedrunning plugin with pretty much everything you could ever want

Brock is the new best soldier

Nobody has flawlessed soar or 4starters still

I am still bad at this game but I continue to play it because I am a masochist.  Also I probably forgot a lot but that's the most important stuff of the year I think

Krank

• View Profile

Oatmeal

• Proficient
    • View Profile
There now exists the best EU server in the universe: 84.200.24.251:27015

Shikai

• View Profile
@jondy
Sweet, thanks.

@obsidiian
What exactly does that "controversial plugin" do? Is it that RNC replay merge thing that was mentioned in the Raiin thread? Also, it's ironic how 4starters has evolved, given the name..

@moon_
Saw that, lulz.

@Oatmeal
(^: Will swing by sooner or later

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
It pretty much lets you save and replay your run over and over from any point, allowing you to do insane strats because you are able to try it so many times. It's made by Casual, who used it to make these runs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is another on jump_ultra_alpha, but his runs have since been taken off tf2rjweekly and toptime (not aperture for some reason) so I couldn't find it. If you want to know more look at this thread: http://tf2rj.com/forum/index.php?topic=793.0 Just a warning, there is a lot of unnecessary posts, but still some about the plugin and what happened.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 01:55:57 PM by 879m »