jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Bounce Broken? (+ tf2rjweekly pls fix)

prismoid

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
TF2RJ Pls Fix:

I've seen another dude comment on the videos but this has just been aching me.

Perhaps upload an extra JOTW and a rename the two new runs, if that wouldn't be too much for whomever hosts the channel. (I'm frankly not sure who does)

BOUNCE BROKEN

I understand this post is bound to get a lot of "You're just bad", but I've had a strange bounce issue in which there is nothing in between a pogo and the rockets not hitting me at all. I've even tried this with demo and it hasn't worked. And yes, I have bounced before applying the same technique.

EDIT:

Bounce happened to work out for me in the end, it turns out my ping was so low that glitches couldn't occur   8)

~ Quesadilla
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:39:32 AM by Quesadee »

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Wtf are you saying about bounces??? I don't understand a thing....

Superchuck

• Proficient
  • y-you too
    • View Profile

Are you sure the platform is bounceable? And that you're doing the correct bounce?
The Rat Master

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
EDIT:

Bounce happened to work out for me in the end, it turns out my ping was so low that glitches couldn't occur   8)

That's not how bonces work at all. You can bounce offline, with a minimum lerp config perfectly fine. You can bounce with 1000 ping. ping has basically no influence on bounces, speedshots, bhops, or edgebugs. Other than you having no idea what's happening because of the delay.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile

prismoid

• View Profile
Someone should probably delete this thread lol

They still haven't fokin fixed the typo, I will leave it up until then.

EDIT:

That's not how bonces work at all. You can bounce offline, with a minimum lerp config perfectly fine. You can bounce with 1000 ping. ping has basically no influence on bounces, speedshots, bhops, or edgebugs. Other than you having no idea what's happening because of the delay.

I honestly don't care what the cause of the issue was any more. I can bounce now. Thx

Torii

• Intermediate
  • Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
    • View Profile
I honestly don't care what the cause of the issue was any more. I can bounce now. Thx

Then please don't suggest incorrect reasons.