Welcome B)

RocketJump

Guest · 31 · 5321

HyperDan

• Advanced
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

Hello. I am HyperDan2000. Me and TGRJ have decided to make a new TF2 Jump Channel called RocketJump. We didn't want to rip off TF2RJWeekly so our aim in the channel is to showcase little known maps and jumpers.

We wanted to do this because we wanted to show what the community can do and what regular jumpers can do but have not had the ability to show their talent. If you are interested in this project, then please join our group at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/_RocketJump.
Currently, we will be showcasing new maps for some months until we can get some decent editing programs like Premiere and After Effects.But until then, we'll be doing maps. More information will be coming soon, but for now just wait until we get our first video uploaded.

If you want to talk to us personally about this, please go to my profile from the group and put a comment and an add saying why. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 03:07:42 PM by HyperDan2000 »

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting, but there are a lot of jumping channels already.

However I like the part about jumpers "not being able to show their talent". I guess I could relate with that, since my computer sucks so I cant actually record anything on it while playing a game without getting 30+ fps.

Hopefully you do something original.

Trude

• Who invited this guy?
    • View Profile
Maybe a good community jump movie to get started.

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

DarkFireZero

• View Profile
Things happened was unbelievable.I want to do it same you

HyperDan

• Advanced
    • View Profile

However I like the part about jumpers "not being able to show their talent". I guess I could relate with that, since my computer sucks so I cant actually record anything on it while playing a game without getting 30+ fps.

We were planning on getting people to submit their demos of maps and showcase them. So people who don't get the chance to show off their talent can do that with us.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:14:45 PM by HyperDan2000 »

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile

We were planning on getting people to submit their demos of maps and showcase them. So people who don't get the chance to show off their talent can do that with us.

Map showcases don't show off talent :(

HyperDan

• Advanced
    • View Profile
We want to show off new maps aswell as talent from new and rising jumpers. Does that clear it up?

ehhx

HyperDan

• Advanced
    • View Profile
No we don't. We just put it there if anyone is out of their mind to donate. We don't want to force people to donate you know. If they like it enough they donate.

Balls

• Novice
    • View Profile
Making a page to try and get donations is a bit... meh. The jumping community is pretty small really, and it's only very recently I have seen a donations link on TF2RJWeekly - for TF2 items to be used primarily for competitions. It's not a big problem, because no-one is likely to donate. But you have to understand something like that wont sit well with with some people (even if it's just a punt).

But as I don't really care about that, I'll say the following:

1. What hidden talent are you hoping to showcase that wouldn't be better revealed by posting on these forums and submitting to TF2RJweekly? People who are good, but not as good as some of the veterans here (and could get looked over)? Or simply people you happen to know?

2. Why does your group identify as RocketJump_ (with an underscore at the end)? Are you hoping to capitalize on the fact that it bears resemblance to STAR_ who has a very popular channel?

3. Did you read this through after you wrote it? TF2 Jumping Tips for New Jumpers. Almost all of the information is badly informed, and some parts are just plain wrong. Fire your rocket just after you land to do a speedshot? I think you mean just before... Or maybe even quite a bit before. Some of these techniques can be confusing as hell to a beginner, the last thing you want to do is be telling them to do it the wrong way!

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
"not have the ability to show off their talent" i'm sorry what? if they have the ability then they'll be showcased on tf2rjweekly. it's as simple as that. people who aren't good enough are, well, not good enough

alongside the fact that you actually think that people don't just pirate the video editing software (i don't condone piracy, but come on it's painfully obvious that majority of non-professional editors do NOT buy their software) makes me think that this won't turn out the way you want it to turn out

Kendrick.

• Proficient
    • View Profile
"not have the ability to show off their talent" i'm sorry what? if they have the ability then they'll be showcased on tf2rjweekly. it's as simple as that. people who aren't good enough are, well, not good enough

alongside the fact that you actually think that people don't just pirate the video editing software (i don't condone piracy, but come on it's painfully obvious that majority of non-professional editors do NOT buy their software) makes me think that this won't turn out the way you want it to turn out
Boom Boom

HyperDan

• Advanced
    • View Profile
Making a page to try and get donations is a bit... meh. The jumping community is pretty small really, and it's only very recently I have seen a donations link on TF2RJWeekly - for TF2 items to be used primarily for competitions. It's not a big problem, because no-one is likely to donate. But you have to understand something like that wont sit well with with some people (even if it's just a punt).

But as I don't really care about that, I'll say the following:

1. What hidden talent are you hoping to showcase that wouldn't be better revealed by posting on these forums and submitting to TF2RJweekly? People who are good, but not as good as some of the veterans here (and could get looked over)? Or simply people you happen to know?

2. Why does your group identify as RocketJump_ (with an underscore at the end)? Are you hoping to capitalize on the fact that it bears resemblance to STAR_ who has a very popular channel?

3. Did you read this through after you wrote it? TF2 Jumping Tips for New Jumpers. Almost all of the information is badly informed, and some parts are just plain wrong. Fire your rocket just after you land to do a speedshot? I think you mean just before... Or maybe even quite a bit before. Some of these techniques can be confusing as hell to a beginner, the last thing you want to do is be telling them to do it the wrong way!

In regards to the part on star, the name rocketjump was not available on its own so I just put an underscore. We don't expect people to donate and sure I can remove the post or chane it for you. We're still deciding whether to do maps or not for showcases.

ehhx

I'm guessing that most of the jumping community don't get a chance to appear on it so I wanted people to have another chance in the spotlight.

ahahahahaha

"Pledge $50.00 or more per Video
PLATINUM  PATREON AND ON::
HAVE 25% CHANCE TO BE FEATURED AS SHOWCASED PLAYER EVERY 3 MONTHS"
no, seriously stop this before you turn more into a laughing stock that you already are buddy :]