jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

High Flyer - A TF2 Jump Movie by Skully Jax

[TFJ] Skully Jax

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hey! heres my first jump movie featuring VandenWoodpecker. Please give me feedback so i can improve on my next one

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Jumps were good, Music was fine, general editting was ok.

There are 2 things you really need though: Higher graphics settings when recording (Lawena/Chris' config), and HLAE (third person smoothing stuff).

Also I've said this so many times but I really don't like when there is a cut to third person in the middle of a jump. I prefer full first person then glamour third person stuff, or vice versa. But if there's a really long time where the person is just flying and not actually doing anything, like falling to the ground after a jump, then do anything is fine really. And this is a style sorta thing, and sometimes it's done really well.

And for a couple of the jumps the frame rate just tanked, which sucks quite a bit.

For the jumps some of them weren't really that exciting or difficult. But overall it was still pretty good.

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
RNC said the most part of what you need to improve.

What I'll add is about the music : it is good but when it has been used multiple times on famous TF2 videos, it's kinda annoying (for me, atleast). Try to work on the transitions between jumps, I had the feeling that you didn't knew how you wanted your video to look like. I mean, it can be very dynamic with very quick transitions based on the music's beat or it can be smooth with slow-mo jumps and stuff... Your video has to look like a set, a global thing.

Anyway, good job and good jumps!