Welcome B)

Old threads will no longer be able to be replied to

John · 16 · 3531

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
yeah i'm tired of all this necroposting and it's getting to me because not only do we get necroposters, we also get people who respond with "omg ur necropostin" so it's even worse

so now, the following boards will have this lock in place

Boards with a 60 day lock (can't reply over 60 days old)
Website Discussion
General Discussion

Stickied threads will NOT have this lock placed on any board
All server owners can message me if they want to add this to the list for their own boards.
The other boards should be allowed posting from what I can see as long as they stay relevant to the topic at hand.
I'll change it up as I see fit, updates will be in this thread.

I didn't ask Rokio about this because he's been offline for 3 days. Maybe this will be removed, who knows?

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:16:12 PM by John »

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • :}
    • View Profile

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
I didn't ask Rokio about this because he's been offline for 3 days. Maybe this will be removed, who knows?
Yeah I was out of town for a while. In any case, this decision is fine by me. Good work.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 06:05:58 PM by Rokio »

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy
Hey John, if you can exempt the Plugins / Mods / Scripts section too, that would be swell.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile
Hey John, if you can exempt the Plugins / Mods / Scripts section too, that would be swell.

My mistake. I had forgotten to undo that when I went back to exempt them last night. Should be fixed now.

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
Anybody else noticing these random accounts popping up and posting a couple unnecessary posts with (most of the time ) bad english? They seem like bots, so is there anyway to rid of them?

Someone

• View Profile
Anybody else noticing these random accounts popping up and posting a couple unnecessary posts with (most of the time ) bad english? They seem like bots, so is there anyway to rid of them?
U kan't

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile

They do seem like bots, and we could just ban them, but idk.. They aren't posting links or anything, and as far as I know they aren't spamming with PMs so it's hard to say.  I'm not sure what the point of a bot like that would be...

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile

They do seem like bots, and we could just ban them, but idk.. They aren't posting links or anything, and as far as I know they aren't spamming with PMs so it's hard to say.  I'm not sure what the point of a bot like that would be...
That's true. It could also just be a troll, thought I don't know why you would want to troll a forum this small.

Edit: After looking at the rules, spamming is allowed so whatever.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 12:51:28 PM by tyjle »

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile

That's true. It could also just be a troll, thought I don't know why you would want to troll a forum this small.

Edit: After looking at the rules, spamming is allowed so whatever.

i hope people don't take the rules seriously because i had hoped majority of our userbase knew how to be civil

if they do then i'll change it back to the boring old terms of use because we apparently can't have fun here.

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
Yeah those were meant to be a joke, since no one reads those things anyway or cares about what they say.

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
Added a couple more verification questions to be required for registration and the first 2 posts of every new user. Maybe that will stop more weird bot accounts.