jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Rocket Jumping with The Original Launcher

ys · 10 · 2542

ys

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys.

I used to play on a lot of jump servers a few years back, and i remember that i enjoyed using the original a lot. Although, I've read in a couple forums that The Original is not good for rocket jumping, and then again, I've heard that it's great for rocket jumping.

So I'm sort of mixed on this. I've just started rocket jumping again, and a lot is coming back to me. I have yet to try The Original again though. I know the only difference is that the projectiles come from the center of your screen rather than from the side of your right shoulder.

Now I'd like to know your opinions on this. I used to have a Strange Original that i ended up selling when i quit tf2. However, I'm debating on getting one again, though the price is a little expensive. I like to jump a lot, so what do you guys think about The Original and how it can effect your jumping?

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
It's just as good. Helpless_Soldier uses it and hes really good. I think you're limited on some ctaps and your wallpogos will be a bit slower but other than that I think it's pretty much the same. You can probably left wall easier with it also.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
Jumping with the original is different because you aim differently. However, differently =/= inferior so the original is fine. Helpless_Soldier and ofey are really good original jumpers so if you need help you could always ask them.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:37:25 AM by John »

Emmet

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
It can take a little while to get used to.

I learned everything with stock first, then I re-learned with the original in which I have been using for around 4 months now.

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

ys

• View Profile
Jumping with the original is different because you aim differently. However, differently =/= inferior so the original is fine. Helpless_Soldier and ofey are really good original jumpers so if you need help you could always ask them.

Thanks. Sorry, I'm pretty new around here. How do i go about asking them?

ys

• View Profile
It's just as good. Helpless_Soldier uses it and hes really good. I think you're limited on some ctaps and your wallpogos will be a bit slower but other than that I think it's pretty much the same. You can probably left wall easier with it also.

I am struggling to wallpogo with the original quite a bit. Does it really limit ctapping though?

no love for ofey

What do you mean?

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
I am struggling to wallpogo with the original quite a bit. Does it really limit ctapping though?

Can't walk right and ctap as high (left if you have left sided viewmodels)...unless walking forward is the same thing for the original...idk just add Helpless and ask or something

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

Can't walk right and ctap as high (left if you have left sided viewmodels)...unless walking forward is the same thing for the original...idk just add Helpless and ask or something

I'll hop in here instead of creating another thread. (which would be pointless)
Here's my question: How are you meant to climb with the Original? Everytime I try to stay on the wall I just bounce off it. (Same thing with the Stock Rocket Launcher)

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
not really sure. it isnt that much different...just aim a lil lower and hold w. idk