Welcome B)

Codyody... just got wiped?

SALSAA · 14 · 2594

SALSAA

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
Well ladies and gents, it looks like cody has been wiped.
It seems that all of his times are gone, and everyone has moved up a rank and gotten more points.
Saying that I saw cody alting, it doesn't come to a huge surprise, however this is just HUGE, because one of the best demos, if not the best demoman ever, has just been wiped from tempus.
I'd also appreciate if Rob or a staff member gave a quick explanation.
-From GR1ND/SALSA
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
i mean if he gets wiped he can just get all his times again by grinding maps if he really wants to

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
Well John, still, he has been a little inactive lately and isn't as good as he used to be. And also, you gotta think, he built all those insane times over the course of a couple years. You still have to take time to make that up, that is, if he is going to.
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
has tempus even been out for a year?? ???
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
Oh, well, for a while then.
It's not like it'll take like 3 days to regain all his times.

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Cody was excessively using multiple accounts to get top times and WRs, which is against our rules. The accounts have been wiped and whether Cody decides to continue is up to him. Either way, we will be making sure he does so according to our rules - which is to only have one 'competitive' account.

This serves as a reminder to all, players should only have one account with top 10 times, or completion levels over 30%.

Thanks

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
Cody was excessively using multiple accounts to get top times and WRs, which is against our rules. The accounts have been wiped and whether Cody decides to continue is up to him. Either way, we will be making sure he does so according to our rules - which is to only have one 'competitive' account.

This serves as a reminder to all, players should only have one account with top 10 times, or completion levels over 30%.

Thanks

RIP Cody - better then casual??

Balls

• Novice
    • View Profile
I understand to some degree how this makes sense with regards to multiple accounts to secure top 10 times, but it doesn't give you a WR time. If someone gets a better time than you, it doesn't matter how many accounts you have.

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
I understand to some degree how this makes sense with regards to multiple accounts to secure top 10 times, but it doesn't give you a WR time. If someone gets a better time than you, it doesn't matter how many accounts you have.
Then again, you're still flushing out anybody else below your times, so the top 10 times list isn't very accurate anymore, or fair.

Balls

• Novice
    • View Profile
Then again, you're still flushing out anybody else below your times, so the top 10 times list isn't very accurate anymore, or fair.

Yeah, and that's pretty sucky and I would agree the alt accounts could be deleted. But was it necessary to delete the WRs? The only way to strip someone of a WR should be breaking it! I can understand how a situation like this is pretty tough for those trying to moderate such a competitive environment though.

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile

Yeah, and that's pretty sucky and I would agree the alt accounts could be deleted. But was it necessary to delete the WRs? The only way to strip someone of a WR should be breaking it! I can understand how a situation like this is pretty tough for those trying to moderate such a competitive environment though.
Plus it's a newish system.

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
This wasn't an easy or rushed decision. This has been an on-going thing with Cody that I had warned him several times, including removing times in the past. If someone continues to not play by the rules, I'm not just going to keep mopping up behind them.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
i think a system of keeping wrs but not giving points should be put in place if they get reset because wr IS wr

Nightin

• Novice
    • View Profile
Muh points, muh points muhfugga

who gives a shit if he alts? does it stop people from getting good times themselves? no, it doesnt