jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Unranked Permissions on Advanced Servers

SALSAA · 52 · 7285

Poll

Should unranked/low ranked users have the option to rtv on advanced servers?

Yes
No opinion/I don't know
No

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • :}
    • View Profile
Anyone have any more suggestions to make?
A well placed notification that this server is a competitive jump server might help, paired with references to the beginners servers and a "Please be considerate!". I think that most new people just don't know/understand what speedrunning a map means.

Additionally I'd lower the threshhold for VEs. It's quite useful when the map gets changed by a regular vote and you are told afterwards that someone's doing a speedrun or almost completed the map.
most shitty unranked literally cant read
they wont care about a notification
they dont even know what the word considerate means
so no

I agree. Most people who play tf2 are illiterate 12 year olds.

HEY!, I am an illiterate 11 yr old D:

Hey im grump
Tbh the TF2 Community isn't as bad as the minecraft community or the CoD community. It's just illiterate 8 years old who cries when just one thing in their perfect world goes wrong.

They may not be as bad, but if people still RTV you off last of gateway at 15 minutes after you BEG them on voice chat and game chat not to, it's clear it's still a problem.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
They may not be as bad, but if people still RTV you off last of gateway at 15 minutes after you BEG them on voice chat and game chat not to, it's clear it's still a problem.
I 100% agree. I had to beg this one rank 8000 user to voteextend stay when I had a really good run going (5 minutes behind my pr and at 23 in 10 minutes) just because he didn't like the map.
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

CrancK

• View Profile
I kinda would think it'd be bad if people like me, who don't do many runs, but still like advanced maps, can't vote.
Hell i'd have a bunch more runs if medic/spy were allowed :P, but ye still.

Saddeningly i don't have any suggestion as to fix the problem of adhd kids rtving when they can't do a single jump though :S
just felt i should post to at least give notice of a different (albeit possibly small portion of the community's) point of view.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
I kinda would think it'd be bad if people like me, who don't do many runs, but still like advanced maps, can't vote.

Saddeningly i don't have any suggestion as to fix the problem of adhd kids rtving when they can't do a single jump though :S
just felt i should post to at least give notice of a different (albeit possibly small portion of the community's) point of view.

That's what the two jump.tf beginner servers would be used for.. Also it's competitive jumping, so spy/medic aren't allowed.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

That's what the two jump.tf beginner servers would be used for.. Also it's competitive jumping, so spy/medic aren't allowed.
You are limited on the number of maps on the beginner server. And people like play maps from the advanced server as well.

Also, I have no clue where you got the idea that tempus servers are competitive jumping servers. They are just jumping servers with a special plugin.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
i would like to call tempus competitive but i can't because of the lack of standardization across maps on where the end points are

anyways, there's definitely a difference between unranked and low-ranked players because unranked essentially means you've never beaten beef or rush in your life. i'd enjoy it if those people would not get voting rights on the advanced server.'

low-ranked players may be bad but at least half of them know how to be respectful of other jumpers maybe
mid ranked players even more respectful so i mean if you're good enough to beat like t2 maps and stuff you're probably going to end up with voting rights by just completion instead of runs

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
Just give them the old drank or srank and let them decide if you're worthy of finishing the map.

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

Balls

• Novice
    • View Profile
i would like to call tempus competitive but i can't because of the lack of standardization across maps on where the end points are

Surely it only matters that everyone has the same map to play on? Or am I missing something?

Triga

• Intermediate
  • Vexon stole two of my jumps!
    • View Profile
Ban rank 300+ players who try to rtv

this establishes dominance

It is not competitive without engi timers

Exile 4 Admin
The creator of multiple critically acclaimed maps ....

░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░█▄ █░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒█ ░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░ Representing London

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

I'm an ADHD Kid (15) and I am sort of mad by that.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile

Surely it only matters that everyone has the same map to play on? Or am I missing something?
i'm taking into consideration of offline as well
offline endpoints vs tempus endpoints are not all the same

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
Just as an update, during my over run today like 6 people of low or no rank (clearly together) joined and ridiculed us while rtving, basically just out of spite then left after the map changed. At this point I have no more patience left for these cancerous players; just restrict all voting and rtv rights on advanced servers. They don't deserve to have privileges if they can't exhibit some common courtesy first.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile