Welcome B)

Limit to height of bounces

Triga · 4 · 1092

Triga

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • Vexon stole two of my jumps!
    • View Profile
Is there a limit to how high you can bounce?

https://m.

Here's the highest known limit
The creator of multiple critically acclaimed maps ....

░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░█▄ █░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒█ ░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░ Representing London

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
No, bouncerific has a 224,718 unit bounce and originally it was closer to 300k but that was stupid.

Seamless teleports allow for nearly infinite bounce possiblilities BUT anything more than 64000 units is stupid.

there is a way to calculate what the max bounceheight ever could be.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Triga

• Intermediate
  • Vexon stole two of my jumps!
    • View Profile
No, bouncerific has a 224,718 unit bounce and originally it was closer to 300k but that was stupid.

Seamless teleports allow for nearly infinite bounce possiblilities BUT anything more than 64000 units is stupid.

there is a way to calculate what the max bounceheight ever could be.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Actually makes sense so this leads to other topics. Does this imply for bhops, uncrouch and crouch? I'm a demo jumper so if that sounded dumb don't blame I just wanted to know the physics of soldier jumping for future reference.
The creator of multiple critically acclaimed maps ....

░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░█▄ █░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒█ ░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░ Representing London

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
That 13.7 Billion is just the raw max height. It doesn't include a start platform, bounce platform, ending platform, room for the player to spawn, room for the teleports, or height adjustments to the bounce platform to actually make it bounceable. All told I think adding room for all that would take 64k units off max, which in the grand scheme of things is peanuts.

And I guess that this should work for every kind of bounce, it's just like any other 3500u/s bounce just 13.7 Billion units higher, which is stupid.