• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I feel like a lot of it is placebo but idk

This, I think. Except demo of course.

SlaM JaM

• View Profile
I know for a fact demo is still fucked, but I tried everything on soldier and its fine to me. We won't really know until a jump on a map becomes too easy or impossible tho....or when someone like RNC gets down to the numbers and science stuff about it tho xD

It's definitely not placebo. You still get some sort of extra boost from rocket jumps.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
I know for a fact demo is still fucked, but I tried everything on soldier and its fine to me. We won't really know until a jump on a map becomes too easy or impossible tho....or when someone like RNC gets down to the numbers and science stuff about it tho xD
It's definitely not placebo. You still get some sort of extra boost from rocket jumps.

I dunno man. I went to some maps with ctaps and tried them out, got normal height with a normal rocket jump (not even close to making the distance/height required) and then did a ctap and made it. Seems 100% normal to me
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
The only thing I've had issues with is telesyncs and I'm attributing that to me being bad.

pogo is fine, on floors and walls
max height for ctaps is still 691 and the best I got for horiz is around ~1320
water works or is at least broken again
syncs work
bounces work
speedshots work and are the same as before, although they do feel weird for some reason that we will all get used to.

Everything works fine for solly again

SlaM JaM

• View Profile

I dunno man. I went to some maps with ctaps and tried them out, got normal height with a normal rocket jump (not even close to making the distance/height required) and then did a ctap and made it. Seems 100% normal to me
I don't mean regarding ctaps or max boost, but I'm pretty sure you get more boost from rocket jumping normally. Just read Treynolds' post in the other thread.

BQE

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Weird, ctap timing seems much different to me, and I can definitely not get anywhere near 691.  I think best I got on jump_measure was 660. 

obsidiian

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Ctaps just don't work for me it seems

guyyst

• View Profile
Weird, ctap timing seems much different to me, and I can definitely not get anywhere near 691.  I think best I got on jump_measure was 660.

Must be on your side. I got 689 after a short while

Tsmuji

• View Profile
While we're on the topic how do you actually hit 691? I can land 689 within a few attempts and 690 uncommonly, but even if I start using a script I can't land 691.

BQE

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Ok how the hell are you guys getting anywhere near 691.  I've tried every possible timing, and tried jumping in third person, still have only gotten up to 662. 

Tsmuji

• View Profile
Use the original, you need to be walking to your right with stock RL to get close and even then I find it way harder, low 680s is the best I've ever managed and I'm just generally way more inconsistent with it. With original you just literally need to stand still and look straight down.

BQE

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I probably just needed to walk more to the right than I thought.  I can consistently get 689 with the original.

internal

• Novice
    • View Profile
rocket jumping still feels off for me, speccially doing speedpogo, it still feels that sometimes i get an xtra boost that shouldnt be there

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
I think we are all thinking too hard about this. I mean there's really no way to tell if there's a difference in anything because if there was, the change is too small to really tell.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

SlaM JaM

• View Profile
I think we are all thinking too hard about this. I mean there's really no way to tell if there's a difference in anything because if there was, the change is too small to really tell.

I perfectly feel it. I'm pretty sure it's just the jumping under the 100% broken conditions then "returning" that puts off some people. If it had gone to perfectly fine to now directly I'm sure more would have noticed.