jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

My first beginner montage (SKYWARD)

??????? Eremo

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys its me Eremo or Eremophobia im I want to announce that my first ever montage has been released and its not as good as I wanted it to be but I want more user input on it. So please leave a comment,like or dislike and tell me what you think. Hence I have only been jumping for about 3-4 months so yah be open minded when viewing the video. thx and peace  8)
Link to video: []

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
Hey guys its me Eremo or Eremophobia im I want to announce that my first ever montage has been released and its not as good as I wanted it to be but I want more user input on it. So please leave a comment,like or dislike and tell me what you think. Hence I have only been jumping for about 3-4 months so yah be open minded when viewing the video. thx and peace  8)
Link to video: []

Don't even bother with third person camera dude.

Try using HLAE.

Also don't use jumps that are already known or made. Be original.

And r_decals 0

drik

• View Profile
I'm not sure what you used to capture or edit, but the quality is pretty low, fps jitters etc. If it was vegas there are TONS of tutorials on youtube on how to render etc , I would recommend looking at a couple.
There are also TONS of videos on things such as transitions / fading clips , you should look some of those up also. The way it was done, even if a clip is pretty impressive , it just felt very rushed. I didn't get that moment to enjoy what i just saw because the next one was instantly there opposed to a nice gradual flow from one to the next.  Imho a "good" edit isn't necessarily about how amazing the clip is , but rather how well they all fit together with each other and the song.

To expand on the previous poster's comment about HLAE , afterglow actually has a really in depth tutorial on how to use HLAE for 3rd person shots on his youtube channel.

I'm not a phenomenal editor or jumper myself, so please don't take any of that as me talking crap. Just trying to help and provide some real constructive criticism. I love watching edits , good bad or otherwise because i know the amount of effort that goes into them. Good luck in the future dude, I hope you keep working on stuff.