Welcome B)

Speedshot Assist

nolem · 10 · 5696

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
So I wrote a quick little plugin just to play around with some stuff with speedshots (I was inspired by RNC). What it does is when you are in the air and looking at the ground below you, it will draw circles on that ground. If you were to shoot that circle at that very moment, the rocket that you would launch would hit the ground at the exact same time you do. I combined this with a landing predictor (similar to that of SyncR), and what this basically means is if you shoot the landing predictor when the circles cross over it, you have a good chance of getting a speedshot.

Unfortunately it's not 100% because I'm still not sure how speedshots work in the game, but it is a decent start. I'm still working on changing some values to get the circles to draw in the right place. Also, it has a much harder time getting the circles correct when you are close to the ground and going fast then when you are going slower high up (like preparing for a sync speedshot).

This plugin doesn't work as well when you have ping (I would imagine, I haven't tested) - it was mostly intended as a small toy for listen servers. One thing that I found fun was binding something to "toggle host_timescale .1 1" (a slow mo bind) and trying to get harder speedshots.

!ssa toggles showing the circles and landing predictor

The plugin has updater support.

Video Demonstration:

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!L8hBjboB!A0euSLvDQsoicaxOJiGTM_MU6geXPUtYpQFP9wNen9M

plep

• Advanced
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • hi
    • View Profile

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy

newjuls

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile

Catface100

• View Profile
Cool idea, but seems to be on by default on my server. Also would be nice if it printed something to chat to confirm you turning it on or off.

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Cool idea, but seems to be on by default on my server. Also would be nice if it printed something to chat to confirm you turning it on or off.

So I added the confirmation when you turn it on and off. As for the enabled by default thing, it definitely shouldn't do that. I fixed a little problem where new users who connect after previous players used the plugin would have it enabled by default, so unless that was what you meant, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!rhAiyIja!RbXf58OPRFdwvkeqSiNrF2gGR0nZmVDmMlMj5seFXZo

Catface100

• View Profile
I fixed a little problem where new users who connect after previous players used the plugin would have it enabled by default, so unless that was what you meant, I'm not sure what the problem is.

That may have been it. Will see.

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Replica worked on the plugin a bit and made it so that the ring color changes based on how close it is to the landing predictor. Also, the landing predictor now stays even if there aren't rings.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i32ffld0pciei6s/speedshotassist.rar?dl=0

Replica

• View Profile
I don't know how to do pull requests on github :P