Welcome B)

TF2 Jump Academy Speedrun Contest

CryptX | jumpacademytf2.com

• Frags: +0/-0
  • Learn jumping at www.jumpacademytf2.com
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone,
Introduction
Lots of you may not know me but my name is CryptX and I'm a moderator at the Jump Academy.
If you don't know what the Jump Academy is, its a group that was created on steam in 2014 and its was designed to help TF2 players learn how to Rocket Jump and Sticky Jump with personal teacher's.

I'm posting this topic because we at the Jump Academy are hosting a Speedrun Contest and are wanting some really talented jumpers to take part.
There are going to 6 races in total and will go from Easy to Hard, we will have 3 races for soldier and 3 for demo.
Each race we are going to have a maximum of 20 players per difficulty, so you better sign up quickly, Also you cannot enter for 2 of the same class.
(example: You cant enter for Soldier Easy and Soldier Medium)
You have to enter for 1 Soldier (Easy, Med or Hard) and 1 for Demoman (Easy, Med or Hard)
This hasn't been confirmed yet but "extv" might livestream this event for us, if they do that's fantastic but for now it hasn't been confirmed.
The Jump Academy Speedrun Contest will be held on September 1st 2015, we are unsure what time it will be held at but the date has been confirmed.
If you are 100% sure you can make it on the day at any time and would like to take part, then fill in the example format down below;

Name: (Your Steam Profile Name)
SteamID: (You Steam ID, We would like your ID in this format “STEAM_0:1:49650554”)
I will do: (Soldier Easy and Demoman Medium)

Once you have filled in this format, please answer this question in confidence;
Will you be able to make it on September 1st? (Copy the question/re-write it and put Yes [next to it] if you can make it)
Please do not answer “Yes” if you think you can make it, you have to be 100% sure!

The Maps
We are going to be using these maps for the contest;
Soldier;and
Demo:
The Prizes (TBC)
1st Place Prize for Easy Jump Maps = 1 Mann Co. Supply Crate Key
1st Place Prize for Medium Jump Maps = 1 Earbud
1st Place Prize for Hard Jump Maps = 1 Unusual for that Class (Solly & Demo)

The Unusual's
Soldier: Circling TF Logo Killer's Kabuto
Demoman: Circling TF Logo Tam-O-Shanter

Thank Very Much for Reading and I hope to see lots of comments down below of this topic, and cant wait to see players there ready to RACE! ;D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If people need to contact me for any reason, please dont add me directly post a comment in my Steam profile comments section. If you are already friends with me then send a PM on Steam and I will get back to you asap.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/cryptxacaron
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:20:23 AM by CryptX | jumpacademytf2.com »
-CryptX

Superchuck

• Proficient
  • y-you too
    • View Profile
I would, but idk if I could make it on a Tuesday .-.
The Rat Master

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
The Jump Academy Speedrun Contest will be held on September 1st 2015, we are unsure what time it will be held at but the date has been confirmed.
Please do not answer “Yes” if you think you can make it, you have to be 100% sure!

Weap0wned

• View Profile
He's talking about the day here, it's not hard to know if you're available a day or not.

Concerning the time, the races will take place during the afternoon, the time will be sheduled a week before the event.

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Concerning the time, the races will take place during the afternoon, the time will be sheduled a week before the event.

Time zone?

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Probably would have been a good idea to mention whether these races were for eu, na, au, or asian jumpers.
man cannot ascend with worldly values holding him down

CryptX | jumpacademytf2.com

• Learn jumping at www.jumpacademytf2.com
    • View Profile
Probably would have been a good idea to mention whether these races were for eu, na, au, or asian jumpers.
Its an EU Event
-CryptX

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Will it be in the evening

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
abuq? the gimmicky one?

and endurance for demo, aids map

Mac-

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

TomSinister

• Novice
    • View Profile
not the best map choices. any chance of them being changed since the tournament is still so far away?

too bad its on only EU servers :(

have you considered using something like speedrunslive to host the race so that you dont need a cap on player and anyone can join? you could require that racers stream and then commentate the restream (just a thought).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:28:57 PM by TomSinister »

Weap0wned

• View Profile
The speedrun will take place on EU servers, around 17-18h GMT+2.

Dealing with the maps, they can be changed according to your suggestions, if someone suggests an interesting map list we can definitely take it in count.

Hopefully eXtine will comment the stream live, but needs to be confirmed.

Mac-

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Dealing with the maps, they can be changed according to your suggestions, if someone suggests an interesting map list we can definitely take it in count.

Both hard maps are bad choices, I would 100% change these at least.

Soar, Vex or Apex are pretty good hard maps for solly (Vex might not be considered "hard" though, and soar maybe a tad overplayed). For hard demo maps, I like lanc. Although I'm not a big demo jumper so don't take this too seriously.

As for the other solly maps, beef is a bit old and stale now, and not really that fun to run. Try maybe eons or something, everyone loves that map. Momentum isn't really all that fun to run either in my opinion. Maybe try bomb/cheval/sitood or even bunker (Yes, shameless self promotion).

As for the other demo maps, Khoa isn't the greatest choice here. Some better choices for easy demo maps are Embrace or Amazon. Drexen2 is a tad gimmicky for me also, I'd try maybe ring? Ask some other demo jumpers though, I'm not too familiar with demo maps.

Good luck with your event anyway.