Welcome B)

TAS Plugin

nolem · 80 · 17246

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
So, as I said in my first post, I am not releasing this publicly (I was really hoping it wouldn't spring into a debate but I should've known better). The past couple posts have pretty much summarized my thoughts but I knew if they came from me they probably would not have ended the conversation.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
we all know why some of you really want it

thanks vexon you got me good i wanted to cheat all speedruns this whole time how could you tell

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • :}
    • View Profile
we all know why some of you really want it

thanks vexon you got me good i wanted to cheat all speedruns this whole time how could you tell

NOBODY CAN HAVE THAT KIND OF POWERJOHN

xd
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Splash4Damage

• Novice
    • View Profile
so who are those people that are deemed worthy to have this tool::? can i have it  ? can i buy it? im offering all my unusual hats, 50 keys and 0,5BC. if interested like, comment and subscribe and die. t: hanks  8) :)

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
so who are those people that are deemed worthy to have this tool::? can i have it  ? can i buy it? im offering all my unusual hats, 50 keys and 0,5BC. if interested like, comment and subscribe and die. t: hanks  8) :)

The Comic Sans has spoken

newjuls

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
tbh all that TAS would hurt is the tender egos of people who run maps for e-fame instead of fun :P

TAS would make jump waaay more interesting

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
tbh all that TAS would hurt is the tender egos of people who run maps for e-fame instead of fun :P

TAS would make jump waaay more interesting

It defeats the purpose of competitive jumping (if that's what you wanna call it) because we all know some people would submit "amazing runs". It isn't about ego, it's about SKILL and sharing with your friends how hard you worked to achieve a really impressive run. Besides, people could have runs with flaws on purpose and claim for them to be real when even those aren't legit. Guys gotta think about the long run and for the community of jumping. It would not help as much as it would harm. Nobody would believe it if one day some one flawlessed gateway...even if that person did it legit and played hours on hours to achieve that run, people wouldn't believe it if TAS was released to the public because it's "too good to do".
Or what about runs that are possible that haven't been done yet? Look at the runs alle and cody did on jump_air (if im not mistaken on the map), people would say "there's no way you could flawless that, it has to be TAS!". Nobody could trust anyone anymore and it's stupid as fuck.

trickjumping? Yeah you could do an amazing ass trickjump but it isn't as cool as doing it legit. All it shows is that you came up with an idea which is easy as fuck to do, and you couldn't do it legit so you used a TAT (tool assisted trickjump? O_o lol) Trickjumps are amazing to see because it shows an insane jump that someone worked hard to do, spending a lot of time to do it. Something extremely hard to achieve and something very time consuming. What's the point if it took you 5 minutes to think up an idea and 5 minutes to do the jump? Then people see it and go "oh would you look at that, neat. Too bad nobody will ever do it so its fucking gay as shit bitch.
Basically trying to take the easy way out. godamn communists!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:47:18 AM by Vexon »

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
The only major upside is Map Showcases. Which we can do and have been doing without a TAS for a long time. Sure a TAS would make it easier, but it isn't worth it letting the public have it. There's enough people that have TAS that can do Map Showcases....so there's no need for everyone else to have it!

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
let's just give everyone in the whole world a superpower and hope nobody misuses it :D

-_- smh

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
hello can i buy tas so i can cheat my beef run please and thank
man cannot ascend with worldly values holding him down

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

Balls

• Novice
    • View Profile
Of course it would get abused. The question is, who actually cares about that? A fair few jumpers I have spoken to consider Casual's TAS one of the best jump videos even knowing it's a TAS... So is the reason some people are worried about it is that they might be less popular? Considering I don't really give a crap about peoples ego, the only downside I can see is for tournaments.

Well anyway, at some point or another it will become public. Would probably pay to get ahead of the game.

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
Make it really confusing to use and only tell people you like how to use it so you become the coolest jumper

Someone

• View Profile

TAT (tool assisted trickjump? O_o lol)

TWAT (Tool With Assistance Trickjump)

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Of course it would get abused. The question is, who actually cares about that? A fair few jumpers I have spoken to consider Casual's TAS one of the best jump videos even knowing it's a TAS... So is the reason some people are worried about it is that they might be less popular? Considering I don't really give a crap about peoples ego, the only downside I can see is for tournaments.

Well anyway, at some point or another it will become public. Would probably pay to get ahead of the game.

Well, based on this thread, a lot of people care, myself included. Frankly, I don't trust the community enough to think that people wouldn't pass of tool assisted runs as legit and abuse it in other ways. Also, in my eyes (and I'm sure many others), a public TAS plugin would completely fuck the speedrunning community. I've said twice already, and I'll say it a third time - I am NOT releasing the plugin to the public. I'm not really sure what's being discussed in this thread anymore, I think I've made it quite clear. Now if someone else wants to make their own plugin and release it, good for them, but I'm not going to be the one responsible for destroying the community.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:53:23 PM by nolem »