9 (33.3%)
New menu sucks but weapon switching does bother me a lot
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Currently RTV uses the same left-hand menu as the rest of the Tempus stuff.
http://i.imgur.com/FmeVFjv.jpg
This menu looks decent, and is very flexible for us to use.
However, it blocks you from switching weapons with your normal 1,2,3 keys. Unfortunately we can't find away to stop those menus from capturing those key presses.

What we have found is an alternative menu for RTVs:
http://i.imgur.com/BlpM8du.jpg
This uses the function keys, so you are free to change weapons with your normal number keys while a vote is ongoing. However, it:
  • Is more intrusive and harder to see around
  • Is limited to 5 slots (so 4 maps if extended / don't change is there)
  • Isn't that flexible, we probably can't show live vote tallies nicely like we currently do

Just wanting to get some feedback on whether people think it's worth us investigating this second option, as it will take a fair bit of effort.
It's also largely to see how many people are frustrated by the weapon-switching issue during votes.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Yes please. Have had it a few times that I failed a jump because of the weapon switching.

TomSinister

• Novice
    • View Profile
Nothing like going into the second to last jump on jump_void on WR pace and getting fucked by the rtv menu when you try to switch to shotty. One less map option and non-transparent menu screen is basically nothing. I would take the function key menu any day.

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
Nothing like going into the second to last jump on jump_void on WR pace and getting fucked by the rtv menu when you try to switch to shotty. One less map option and non-transparent menu screen is basically nothing. I would take the function key menu any day.

i feel you bro

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
I like the F5, F6, etc.. thing and all. I am fine with using 456789 as well.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile

i feel you bro

do you tho?

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
i have never been cucked by a vote because i am part of MOUSEWHEEL master race, step up and join us

Washed up hack

• Intermediate
  • P O W E R B O U N C E
    • View Profile
Melon knows whats up  8)

The new menu looks pretty ugly and doesn't fit with the other ones (center/right side). Can you not just change the numbers to start with 456...? I have noticed that "close menu" is now 0. instead of 7.

Just use mousewheel you idiots
Obeezy #1 fan

shoutout to my main man obz and my good friend b boogie. They are wonderful people.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
I am pretty sure mouse wheel and even changing to your last weapon will vote (Q is default), at least for me it does it. Maybe since you guys don't have to use pipes it doesn't effect you.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:19:21 PM by Vexon »

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
I am pretty sure mouse wheel and even changing to your last weapon will vote (Q is default), at least for me it does it. Maybe since you guys don't have to use pipes it doesn't effect you.

bind mwheelup invprev
bind mwheeldown invnext
bind q lastinv

Nope. Unless somehow rtv uses those commands, instead of the slot1-10 that it actually uses.

Washed up hack

• Intermediate
  • P O W E R B O U N C E
    • View Profile
Actually a previous fps cfg I used did that as well. It made keys use +mate_x instead of normal commands. Idk how it made mwheel do that. I also think I had a problem with switching in spectator. This was awhile ago so I might be remembering wrong. It works properly for me now though.

(http://clugu.com/tf2mate/  in keybind section specifically)
Obeezy #1 fan

shoutout to my main man obz and my good friend b boogie. They are wonderful people.

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
It's worth noting that we can't just change the current menu to use 4567890, as it still captures your 1-3 keypresses.

Wish we could do that, but no bingo

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
It's worth noting that we can't just change the current menu to use 4567890, as it still captures your 1-3 keypresses.

Wish we could do that, but no bingo

Better to stick with the F keys then imo...unless it covers a bunch of the screen. Gotta choose whether to have it where you can see through the vote and not switch weapons, or be blinding and be able to switch weapons, right?

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy
A simple solution is not to show the vote menu at all, but rather default the player's vote to a value preset with a preference order of extend, then abstain (depending on availability).  The player should be able to toggle this automatic vote via a command (and saved perhaps via ClientPrefs), but still have the option to show the vote menu with !revote during the voting period to recast as needed.

TomSinister

• Novice
    • View Profile
if eveybody is auto-voting, then wouldnt the vote complete instantly? having an auto-vote feature would be nice either way IMO, but it sounds difficult to program/implement.