Welcome B)

TAS Plugin

nolem · 96 · 93947

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
This is a plugin for creating tool assisted speedruns in TF2 via the use of a checkpoint system (essentially). Supports rocket, cow mangler, sticky, and pipe rewinding.

Download Link (Updated 2022-08-30)

Installation:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Commands (type `tas` to list this in game):

Binds I use:

Misc:

The plugin does not currently resolve non-deterministic aspects of the game. Random spread, projectiles (including rockets, although they are often reliable), lag during recording/playback, and map logic can cause issues. To circumvent this problem, during playback the player is teleported every frame along the recorded path so long as `tas force_teleport` is on (it is by default). A future version of the plugin may address these issues, but for now it is worked around.

Stay tabbed into the game when recording demos of runs with this plugin. Demos will appear choppy otherwise.

If you want to make a checkpoint and you passed where you want it to be just play back the recording (using tas play or tas rewind X) and use `tas frame save` where you want the checkpoint to be. Rewind won't overwrite anything.

When you save and load recordings, if you do "tas save test" then it might save as jump_rush-test.recording but all you have to do to load it is "tas load test", you don't have to add the mapname in when you load it.

If you get a strange module error (typically after a fresh Windows install), install the latest c++ redistributables from Microsoft.

POV demos are detectable - I'm not sure about stv. Basically, if you're doing legit stuff offline, record POV to avoid any issues. You should be doing this anyways - I don't think its a big deal. Use http://pastebin.com/zMkNVmH8 to detect it. This shows input commands. This doesn't fake input commands so if it is legit you'll see commands line up with keypresses and whatnot. If it's TAS nothing should be there.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 07:24:47 PM by nolem »

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
god you people are overdramatic, it worked in every other game with no visual cues whatsoever

Washed up hack

• Intermediate
  • P O W E R B O U N C E
    • View Profile
its over

also >blatently
smh dude... -_- smh
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 06:25:55 PM by Foss l Obeezyfanclub »
Obeezy #1 fan

shoutout to my main man obz and my good friend b boogie. They are wonderful people.

TomSinister

• Novice
    • View Profile
Yayyyy! thank you Nolem. Going to start working on my jump_sinister TAS.

Brock

• Novice
    • View Profile

TomSinister

• Novice
    • View Profile
is there anyway to use frame/tick advance with this software? can you use slowdown with host_timescale, or does that mess up the input file?

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
is there anyway to use frame/tick advance with this software? can you use slowdown with host_timescale, or does that mess up the input file?

You can record with a reduced host_timescale but if you do that I would recommend being very careful because it can make things look very jerky. Remember rules 3 and 4! : Be smooth, Don't not be smooth

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
To people making videos with the plugin - remember to run "tas hud" or unload the plugin(meta unload addons/tas) so that the text doesn't show up in he upper left.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
nice signature
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
If anybody gets a bug where STV playback studders and looks as if you went through a teleport mid recording please send me that .recording. I haven't been able to replicate that bug in a while.

Combustion

• View Profile
im just waiting for someone to modify this plugin and make it undetectable. When that happens, gg

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Will surely try it out sometime but heh, I kinda regret that day eventually came

Intrets

• View Profile
Hey nolem why is your plugin not working?

I wonder...

Hey what's this?

Let's try again.

What's this m80?