jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

LF: Tempus Map Manager

Rob123 · 22 · 3834

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Putting out an interest check for someone to join in the Tempus project as a map manager. I'm struggling to keep up with the all the latest maps, and will be going away for a month at the end of the year. So it seems like a good time to put this out there.

Responsibilities would include:
- Deciding what maps are worth adding or not
- Contacting map authors to check if maps are final versions
- Map zoning / in-game setup
- Zone Tiering (Maybe)

Ideal person for this would:
- Have some long-term availability. There will probably be hours of teaching and setup, so would like this person to be involved for the foreseeable future.
- Dedicated, clear communicator, honest and knows good memes
- Be a regular jumper and well-known person
- Have some experience with TF2 mapping and srcds (or the patience to learn)
- Have similar views and mindest about the 'Tempus jumping experience'. I don't want to go down the road of debating why we remove doors again.

Maps take me about 30 min - 1 hour each to complete. There's a lot more behind the scenes stuff most people realise, so keep in mind that this can become a gruelling task.

Feel free to respond here or message me if you are interested and we will go from there (depending on the level of responses). If you have any questions please post here in case others have the same ones.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:14:34 PM by Rob123 »

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Just to clarify, are you looking for a manger or a manager?
man cannot ascend with worldly values holding him down

879m

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
"well-known person"

so have a big ego and lots of subs and you become a manager.

SEEMS LEGIT

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Oops, typo fixed.

With the 'well-known' part, this person is basically getting access to edit zones on any map. So giving that power to someone we have never seen or heard from before is probably not going to happen.

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
That's truly an interesting job, who was in charge of all this before?

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I have been in charge of doing maps. Unfortunately they have taken a bit of a back seat to timer development, server upgrades, and of course real life stuff. I figure that getting a dedicated person for this is probably best.

Washed up hack

• Intermediate
  • P O W E R B O U N C E
    • View Profile
Torii or Heinz might be a good choice since they maintain the google map doc. Torii has map making experience and I'm pretty sure Heinz does as well. They both seem pretty helpful and friendly on the forum. I also don't think either of them are too involved in running(High rank,Wrs,TTs,etc) so their is less of a chance for some advantage in having made the zones, like torii wr'ing his own map... smh torii  ::)
Obeezy #1 fan

shoutout to my main man obz and my good friend b boogie. They are wonderful people.

Superchuck

• Proficient
  • y-you too
    • View Profile
I'd be willing to do this job. I do know my way around hammer (albeit not superb at it) but I have never heard of srcds .-.

I feel I have most of the qualifications to do this job, as whenever I play tf2 I'm always on Tempus.

If you don't pick me, I can understand ^.^
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:37:28 PM by Superchuck »
The Rat Master

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
I'd be willing to do this job. I do know my way around hammer (allbeit not superb at it) but I have never heard of srcds .-.

I feel I have most of the qualifications to do this job, as whenever I play tf2 I'm always on Tempus.

If you don't pick me, I can understand ^.^
i nominate superchuck for this job

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Thanks for the responses so far. Nominations are good, but I probably won't be approaching people, instead waiting for them to respond or be nudged by someone else. I don't want to pressure anyone into something their not fully committed to doing

Torii

• Intermediate
  • Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
    • View Profile
Torii or Heinz might be a good choice since they he maintain maintains the google map doc. Torii has map making experience and I'm pretty sure Heinz does as well. They both seem pretty helpful and friendly on the forum. I also don't think either of them are too involved in running(High rank,Wrs,TTs,etc) so their is less of a chance for some advantage in having made the zones, like torii wr'ing his own map... smh torii  ::)

ftfy

Anyway no chance for me lol, 0 hours played last 2 weeks and I've been in school basically the entire day til 10pm for quite awhile now
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 12:55:24 AM by Torii »

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Torii or Heinz might be a good choice since they maintain the google map doc. Torii has map making experience and I'm pretty sure Heinz does as well. They both seem pretty helpful and friendly on the forum. I also don't think either of them are too involved in running(High rank,Wrs,TTs,etc) so their is less of a chance for some advantage in having made the zones, like torii wr'ing his own map... smh torii  ::)
Thanks for thinking about me, I've thought about it. But I don't think I really want to.
And I have 0 experiences in mapmaking. I litterally opened hammer once.
I will however keep the document updated.

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile