jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

PR command / Voting

Tyrael · 88 · 11930

Tyrael

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Can the /pr command be given a details or similar sub menu that shows the info you can get from checking times with /top. Things like date run, checkpoint and course times would be great.

With the voting, whenever there's a tie between a new map and extend it never picks extend (although it says "randomly selected"). Can extend be included in the possible selection choices?

The unranked not being able to vote is really nice, could the point limit be raised from 0 to maybe 50-100? It's too easy to get 5-10 points to allow voting but still not really know anything about the map selection. Getting voted off by one guy who joins with 10 points then they leave when they can't do the first jump of the next map they selected really sucks.

Boshy

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
With the voting, whenever there's a tie between a new map and extend it never picks extend (although it says "randomly selected"). Can extend be included in the possible selection choices?

This

Also
5k points to vote on advanced tbh
this may sound very strict but personally i would like if noone over rank 250 could vote on advanced
its not like many people over 250 that would stay over 250 for any amount of time would even take advatange of adv's map rotation

pardinensis

• View Profile
Also
this may sound very strict but personally i would like if noone over rank 250 could vote on advanced
its not like many people over 250 that would stay over 250 for any amount of time would even take advatange of adv's map rotation

I'm sorry, but that is plain bullshit. I'm sure you recognized that on the adv servers there are more maps than only squared and sync. If someone like me wants to beat a T3 or T4 map that only runs on the adv servers (like my own map for some reason), then why the hell should I not be able to vote? If you don't want to share the server with other jumpers, then do offline runs.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
Also

I'm sorry, but that is plain bullshit. I'm sure you recognized that on the adv servers there are more maps than only squared and sync. If someone like me wants to beat a T3 or T4 map that only runs on the adv servers (like my own map for some reason), then why the hell should I not be able to vote? If you don't want to share the server with other jumpers, then do offline runs.

Personally I think t3 and 4 maps should be on beginner servers, but that's not up to me. And the "do it offline argument" doesn't fly buddy. Don't even bother. You're telling me that you couldn't get enough points to get under 250? Clearly if that is the case then you don't care about competitive aspects of jumping. I care about online competition, but if you don't then just play on a casual server like ECJ.

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
melon absolute SAVAGE
man cannot ascend with worldly values holding him down

pardinensis

• View Profile
Believe me, there are a lot of (at least mediocre) jumpers who don't play much on Tempus servers or even don't know that Tempus exists. I doubt you intended to ban them from the adv servers too, Triga.

Besides, what would that whole vote restricting thing improve? Why do you want to discourage mediocre jumpers by withdrawing their right to vote on adv servers? Do you want to diminish their chances to actually get good by not letting them play the map they'd like to? Are you afraid of newcomers that threaten your "elite" status?

I seriously hope that this is not the case. That would totally contradict that "I care about competitive jumping" you brought up in your last post.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:00:56 PM by pardinensis »

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
We could easily have advanced servers have a redirect to beginner for those under the required ranks, and I doubt that spending what would probably be less than a month on a beginner server boosting points and skills would discourage anyone actually serious about jumping. On the point of view restrictions, you're deluding yourself if you think that the majority of players are qualified to vote. They don't know the maps and don't care to learn them, so any way I can keep them from fucking with people who actually care is fine with me.
Do you want to diminish their chances to actually get good by not letting them play the map they'd like to? Are you afraid of newcomers that threaten your "elite" status?

I seriously hope that this is not the case. That would totally contradict that "I care about competitive jumping" you brought up in your last post.

Also, stop projecting please. This isn't tumblr.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
"Also, stop projecting please." Whats wrong with that lol"

Projecting his own feelings onto my post, which is basically a sign that he doesn't know how to debate anything

879m

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
Voting permissions is fine as it is, maybe extending it to 200 points or so could work better but it's fine right now. Making the cap rank 250 is stupid, just because you aren't a good jumper doesn't mean that you don't get bored of beef, 4starters etc. It's like this for me when I surf. I got bored of most of the maps on the beginner server, so I go on the advanced server to try new maps. I don't have any chance at beating most of them, but I find it fun to do new stuff. Same thing for people still relatively new to jump. Also, if they have bothered to get a few points, there is a good chance they are not in a coma and will listen to you if you say to vote 4 please I want to play this map.

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
to be fair its not like being able to rtv will stop people from extending a map for 6 hours

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
I agree with pardinensis higher ranked jumpers tend to run the same 5 maps 24/7. Why solidify that further?

Most T3 maps could be on beginner but T4 on beginner is just lol

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
Voting permissions is fine as it is, maybe extending it to 200 points or so could work better but it's fine right now. Making the cap rank 250 is stupid, just because you aren't a good jumper doesn't mean that you don't get bored of beef, 4starters etc. It's like this for me when I surf. I got bored of most of the maps on the beginner server, so I go on the advanced server to try new maps. I don't have any chance at beating most of them, but I find it fun to do new stuff. Same thing for people still relatively new to jump. Also, if they have bothered to get a few points, there is a good chance they are not in a coma and will listen to you if you say to vote 4 please I want to play this map.

probably 9 out of 10 times i ever ask anyone un or lowranked for anything, nicely, politely, explaining why, they never respond, or just call me a faggot
its like they dont speak english but i can see where theyre joining from

pardinensis

• View Profile
On the point of view restrictions, you're deluding yourself if you think that the majority of players are qualified to vote. They don't know the maps and don't care to learn them,

Wait... what? I might have a restricted view, but in my simple world most (at least mediocre) jumpers know what the maps look like, even if they cannot WR them.

@Triga: Yeah, you are right. But stating, that banning new players is not that bad doesn't make it a good decision by default. I still can't see why this may improve the Tempus network.

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
We will look into some of this. You guys can obviously see the trouble with finding the right limit for permission to vote on advanced. Making it so unranked players can't vote was a simple and mostly agreeable step. Lots of people have asked that we make it more strict, but it's very difficult to find a good next step.

I don't want block players joining advanced server based on rank. It would effectively half the number of Tempus servers they can play on in their region, leaving many with just one.