• Novice
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • ㄟ( ̄▽ ̄ㄟ)
    • View Profile
I personally recommended that we should change the vote menu, because:
- All the unranked players keep choosing the 1st choice for no reason
My recommendation is:
- Add difficulty beside the map

And unranked players rtv will bothered the one who is running the map, my idea is:
- Add a command !running so that if some1 is running the map, rtv will not be activated until the one running reaches the cp. After the one running reach the cp, rtv will be avaible

But it just my idea, the choice is still the public and the admins  ;)
<3 tempus
</3 tempus's lag

wtf srsly there's McMaster University
:0

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile

also you voted for powerbounce so your words are already worthless by default...

You can't hide from me

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
On the matter of "anecdotal evidence" let's just say this:
You don't have to lower the common denominator
It's always better to just rely on players stepping up to the higher levels by themselves, which any interested human will do
It's not anecdotal, it's just a basic human function.

pardinensis

• View Profile
I personally recommended that we should change the vote menu, because:
- All the unranked players keep choosing the 1st choice for no reason
My recommendation is:
- Add difficulty beside the map
I support this!

And unranked players rtv will bothered the one who is running the map, my idea is:
- Add a command !running so that if some1 is running the map, rtv will not be activated until the one running reaches the cp. After the one running reach the cp, rtv will be avaible
That is effectively killing the RTV. If you define "running" as the timer being active, then there will be people running the map in like 99% of the time. And just because some players try to beat the map (especially if it's a hard one) that doesn't imply that they are not willing to RTV.
What I'd like to see instead is a menu where the progress of the players running the map is displayed, like, on which jump they are. But I'm not sure if this is possible to implement without going over every single map by hand.

It's always better to just rely on players stepping up to the higher levels by themselves, which any interested human will do

Only if they are not discouraged by some questionable server restrictions.

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
ksf surf has a minimum rank to play on advanced servers doesnt it? it works for them why not us
man cannot ascend with worldly values holding him down

879m

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
If I'm not mistaken that's like the expert server, top 100 only. Also cs surf is more active than tf2 jump.

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
The better /pr command sounds awesome
Yes please fix the biased selection poll
tbh 100 points and up for people to rtv, but let them ve because some are human and want to ve for you
I loved the idea of adding tiers next to map names
minimum ranks are a terrible idea
Not letting unranks join adv for any reason is a terrible idea
maybe if we had an expert server id understand
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Some good discussion that I will probably reply to in detail later.

As of now we are making the following changes:
- Fixing rollover votes to allow don't change / extend to be randomly selected
- Adding map difficulty to map votes. It's worth noting that instead of people just choosing 1. or whatever default they are thinking, there's likely to be more people choosing maps just based on the lower tiers. We'll see how this goes
- If players quickly double-tap a vote menu choice, it will automatically hide
- Finding a way to link !pr to the detailed record info menu. Still trying out different ways to do this

We will start off with these changes and see how they are before doing any more.

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
ty gamer

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile

sure, players will be interested. what do players generally do when they want to get better? go on a server / play with people who are better than them to expedite the learning process because top jumpers do things better than mediocre jumpers. this is true for all games. league, dota, tf2, whatever. playing with the best will get you up to speed faster than playing with people who don't know what they're doing. you're removing an option from the players that all games provide. it's not like tempus was made for ONLY competitive jumping. if that was the case, why even bother with splitting up beginner and advanced maps? all they had to do was just restrict voting permissions to the top 250 players (when at least 1 250 player) is on, and add priority queue to get on the server, and then all issues would have been solved. shitty resolution? sure. does it work well? absolutely.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile

sure, players will be interested. what do players generally do when they want to get better? go on a server / play with people who are better than them to expedite the learning process because top jumpers do things better than mediocre jumpers. this is true for all games. league, dota, tf2, whatever. playing with the best will get you up to speed faster than playing with people who don't know what they're doing. you're removing an option from the players that all games provide. it's not like tempus was made for ONLY competitive jumping. if that was the case, why even bother with splitting up beginner and advanced maps? all they had to do was just restrict voting permissions to the top 250 players (when at least 1 250 player) is on, and add priority queue to get on the server, and then all issues would have been solved. shitty resolution? sure. does it work well? absolutely.

well if you want my secondary solution here goes

i think we could have admins or nominated players judge who should be given permissions on advanced servers, independent of rank or points
most of us quickly get to know the new jumpers who become regulars and could certainly vouch for individuals based on their performance, not just jumping skill but general drive and autism level
other than that i really have no solution to this problem

879m

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile

i think we could have admins or nominated players judge who should be given permissions on advanced servers, independent of rank or points
most of us quickly get to know the new jumpers who become regulars and could certainly vouch for individuals based on their performance, not just jumping skill but general drive and autism level

lets add premium while we're at it

qzc

• Novice
    • View Profile
Instead of kicking players off of the current advanced server, setup a new "expert" server with level restrictions. It probably wouldn't even need 24 slots.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile

lets add premium while we're at it

in no way is that 'premium'
no money is exchanged

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
Instead of kicking players off of the current advanced server, setup a new "expert" server with level restrictions. It probably wouldn't even need 24 slots.