Welcome B)

PR command / Voting

Tyrael · 88 · 11931

Melon

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
Instead of kicking players off of the current advanced server, setup a new "expert" server with level restrictions. It probably wouldn't even need 24 slots.

that would be the perfect solution but unfortunately noone is going to pay for that

Superchuck

• Proficient
  • y-you too
    • View Profile
Instead of kicking players off of the current advanced server, setup a new "expert" server with level restrictions. It probably wouldn't even need 24 slots.

that would be the perfect solution but unfortunately noone is going to pay for that
Depends on how much if you catch my drift ;)
The Rat Master

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
An expert server is obviously an ideal solution, but isn't really feasible. Server hosting for jump is already a challenge, with generally low server usage vs something like surf where ping is much less of a challenge, so server populations are much higher.

I don't think there is a clear solution to this. I personally think that Tempus needs to do more to help support and teach new players, for instance better feedback when they join and immediately do !regen. Hopefully doing a better job at teaching new players will develop a better culture around taking on challenging maps or even considering that others are running maps.

The reality is that while Tempus is certainly geared towards competitive jumping, we want to help as many players as possible learn and enjoy jumping. So we're trying to avoid any steps that immediately alienate any players.

Feedback on how map tiers is influencing voting would be appreciated.

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
An expert server is obviously an ideal solution, but isn't really feasible. Server hosting for jump is already a challenge, with generally low server usage vs something like surf where ping is much less of a challenge, so server populations are much higher.

I don't think there is a clear solution to this. I personally think that Tempus needs to do more to help support and teach new players, for instance better feedback when they join and immediately do !regen. Hopefully doing a better job at teaching new players will develop a better culture around taking on challenging maps or even considering that others are running maps.

The reality is that while Tempus is certainly geared towards competitive jumping, we want to help as many players as possible learn and enjoy jumping. So we're trying to avoid any steps that immediately alienate any players.

From what I've seen nothing has changed. Rank 1000+ players just join advanced server, rtv after giving up on first level and then vote for the map with the lowest tier.
man cannot ascend with worldly values holding him down

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

From what I've seen nothing has changed. Rank 1000+ players just join advanced server, rtv after giving up on first level and then vote for the map with the lowest tier.

At least I don't do that and I actually try .-.

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Tbh it's fine the way it is now. Low ranks might rtv sometime and fuck your run, but it doesn't happen every single time from what I've seen, and it's much better than before when unrank could rtv. There's no ultimate best solution to prevent anyone from rtving, so just deal with it. It's not like you won't ever be able to retry the map again..

Just be cool and get some friends to spec you so 2-3 person cant vote against you  8)

Maniac

• Shoutout to Moofy
    • View Profile

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile

Or we could use the extra advanced server on eu and idk what for the us
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

Superchuck

• Proficient
  • y-you too
    • View Profile

Or we could use the extra advanced server on eu and idk what for the us
US could change one of the already Advanced server to the elitist
The Rat Master

McMaster

• Novice
  • ㄟ( ̄▽ ̄ㄟ)
    • View Profile
Lower rank ppl must done the first 2 stages in order to rtv  8)

seem legit but reasonable:
- They would try their best to beat the first 2 lvl just to rtv, but that also make them more confident as they would try their best on beating the lvls instead of never trying but giving up by rtv in the first stage
- Make them feel interested in rjing
-Make them know the basic techniques to rj

Just my idea, pretty legit  :-\
<3 tempus
</3 tempus's lag

wtf srsly there's McMaster University
:0

mrtootie

• View Profile
Beginner server permissions
> Unranks are not allowed to vote
> Anyone ranked is allowed to vote

Consider people speedrunning T1-3 maps.

Advanced server permissions
> Unranks allowed to join advanced (Hopefully player-joined lag spikes will get fixed soon)
> Completion of at least one T3 map to vote on advanced (or T4?)

And if expert servers are implemented
> Unranks not allowed to join
> Completion of at least one T5 map to vote (or T4?)

I don't like the idea of permission via ranks because ranks don't reflect skill IMHO.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:14:25 PM by mrtootie »

porkie

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +1/-0
  • play momentum mod instead
    • View Profile
I'm all for an 'elitist' server. Honestly if we could somehow arrange a server with a rank restriction (sub 50, maybe sub 100) I would be over the bloody moon. I am so tired of being voted off now it's unreal. From experience, most people under rank 50 can speak English, aren't assholes and are at least sentient so they can understand the situation of someone who is running. Grinding map times out takes a long time. Sometimes the 12 minutes an extend vote gives you isn't enough, but multiple of those can do it. High rank jumpers understand this well, and know the etiquette of tempus enough to come to a reasonable decision. This is driving me up the wall, something needs to be done.  :'(
:^)

McMaster

• Novice
  • ㄟ( ̄▽ ̄ㄟ)
    • View Profile
Or we make a list of ppl who have knowledge of extending map for others? Seem stupid but hey, it may be the only way here. Lets say... sub rank 100 could make a list of friendly ppl?? (im sub rank 150  :P)
<3 tempus
</3 tempus's lag

wtf srsly there's McMaster University
:0

protist ?

• Novice
  • *floats around aimlessly*
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Maybe there should be a way for someone to indicate that they are running the map (a !grind command or something) and have their name pop up next to Extend Map option to show they're trying to run. I think the main problem is that newbies just don't even realize that someone might be trying to run the map. Idk if that's possible to do, but it would prolly help a lot.