Welcome B)

PR command / Voting

Tyrael · 88 · 11932

McMaster

• Novice
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • ㄟ( ̄▽ ̄ㄟ)
    • View Profile
....and have their name pop up next to Extend Map option to show they're trying to run.

Plus some sad pity faces next to their name may work better   ::)
<3 tempus
</3 tempus's lag

wtf srsly there's McMaster University
:0

Tx_

• Novice
    • View Profile
Beginner server permissions
> Unranks are not allowed to vote
> Anyone ranked is allowed to vote

Consider people speedrunning T1-3 maps.

Advanced server permissions
> Unranks allowed to join advanced (Hopefully player-joined lag spikes will get fixed soon)
> Completion of at least one T3 map to vote on advanced (or T4?)

And if expert servers are implemented
> Unranks not allowed to join
> Completion of at least one T5 map to vote (or T4?)

I don't like the idea of permission via ranks because ranks don't reflect skill IMHO.

This is the best idea so far imo.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
i didnt read any of this because i am lazy, but you can literally beat C1 of beef on the beginner server, go to the advanced server, and vote. i dunnooo. maybe we should have it so if you finish any map on the beginner server you cant vote on any map on the advanced server until you finish an 'advanced' map. sounds pretty bullet proof to me

or something along the lines of 'to vote off a t5 map (rtv and such) while the server is on a t5 map, you must have already beaten a t5 map' idk

PEN15
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:39:01 AM by Vexon »
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Sere

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
i didnt read any of this because i am lazy, but you can literally beat C1 of beef on the beginner server, go to the advanced server, and vote. i dunnooo. maybe we should have it so if you finish any map on the beginner server you cant vote on any map on the advanced server until you finish an 'advanced' map. sounds pretty bullet proof to me

or something along the lines of 'to vote off a t5 map (rtv and such) while the server is on a t5 map, you must have already beaten a t5 map' idk

PEN15
A problem with that is what if advanced is stuck on squared for 4 hours because no one has the voting power to rtv to a t3-5 map.
"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile

PEN15
A problem with that is what if advanced is stuck on squared for 4 hours because no one has the voting power to rtv to a t3-5 map.

people barely ever vote squared, and usually someone good is there idk. map change if every1 leaves server or something

or how bout if you complete a t5 map you can vote off a t6

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
keep in mind that these restrictions would be nullified if noone of high enough power was in the server, just like it is for restricted voting in advanced servers now

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
keep in mind that these restrictions would be nullified if noone of high enough power was in the server, just like it is for restricted voting in advanced servers now

Well, it's simple then. If nobody is a higher rank than you and you're a low rank, then you should be able to vote... but server regulars and higher rank players should have a bigger say in voting. The highest rank(s) should have more power in voting than the lower. Let's say if there's a pleb in the server and a king (ranks), the kings vote should count as double so the pleb can't vote him off. If 2 plebs are there, the king can get 3 votes and they get 2 idk. There's gotta be a way to solve this thing. A lot of great suggestions have been made

ESKIN | Syro? #supernew

Beginner server permissions
> Unranks are not allowed to vote
> Anyone ranked is allowed to vote

Consider people speedrunning T1-3 maps.

Advanced server permissions
> Unranks allowed to join advanced (Hopefully player-joined lag spikes will get fixed soon)
> Completion of at least one T3 map to vote on advanced (or T4?)

And if expert servers are implemented
> Unranks not allowed to join
> Completion of at least one T5 map to vote (or T4?)

I don't like the idea of permission via ranks because ranks don't reflect skill IMHO.

This is the best idea so far imo.

I agree with TX that this is the best strategy.

We need to have some sort of poll/vote at some point (keep that in mind).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:24:34 PM by Syro »

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
people barely ever vote squared, and usually someone good is there idk. map change if every1 leaves server or something

vexon do u ever reread your posts and think "wow this doesn't actually work"

everyone votes squared all the time because "omg hard map let's do it" and then they all leave in like 5 minutes or something
map change on everyone leaving isn't optimal because what if people who get in later want to play the map but oh wait just kidding bc the map was already played on in the last 5-10 maps so u can't play it again

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile

everyone votes squared all the time because "omg hard map let's do it" and then they all leave in like 5 minutes or something
map change on everyone leaving isn't optimal because what if people who get in later want to play the map but oh wait just kidding bc the map was already played on in the last 5-10 maps so u can't play it again
then shorten the map rotation requirements!

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile

then shorten the map rotation requirements!
so then when maps don't actually change randomly then we can keep playing the same 3 maps over and over again vexon please you make this too easy

mrtootie

• View Profile
A refresh over my old proposal, based on an "upgrade scheme".

Permissions given should be based on maps completed, not courses or bonuses.

Beginner Servers
    • Tiers of maps played: 1,2,3
    • Completion of at least one Tier 2 map to vote
    • All players are allowed to join

Advanced Servers
      • Tiers of maps played: 3,4,5 (Tier 6 maps will be included if there is no option for an expert server)
      • Completion of at least one Tier 4 map to vote
      • Players who have completed any Tier 1 map will be allowed to join (Gotta learn from the big boys to get good)

Expert Servers (Currently unavailable)
        • Tiers of maps played: 5,6
        • Completion of at least one Tier 5 map to vote
        • Players who have completed any Tier 4 map will be allowed to join

ESKIN | Syro? #supernew

whitelist players who are allowed to rtv

This is a good idea; how do you guys think it should be decided?

Exile

• Administrator
        • Advanced
          • Frags: +9/-0
        • fhhh
          • View Profile