jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Jump Races Stream.

Mr.Bacon

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
So I have some spare time on my hands and am wondering what the community would think of some weekly jump events. Every week I could host a stream and (commentate maybe), have a jump races. My idea is that we have a group of jumpers and it's basically king of the hill, we would have 2 people start off with a randomly chosen map (would ban maps like squared, sync, etc.) and the winner would stay and pick the next map. Next contender would have to play that map and so forth. Wouldn't be any prizes or points just single elimination. Tell me what you think if it would be worth while at all, and if so what I should do differently, because I just thought of this today in skewl.

http://www.twitch.tv/jumpracestreams
http://www.twitch.tv/jumpracestreams
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 06:48:52 PM by Mr.Bacon »

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile

McMaster

• Novice
  • ㄟ( ̄▽ ̄ㄟ)
    • View Profile
cool  8)
<3 tempus
</3 tempus's lag

wtf srsly there's McMaster University
:0

Peace

• I like demo :D
    • View Profile

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile

protist ?

• Novice
  • *floats around aimlessly*
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
I guess the main issue is how to get people in the right servers at the right time. Also would it be EU or NA (or both?). I think the easiest way to reach as many jumpers would be to make a steam group for it. Maybe also post about the new group in a couple of the other large steam groups like TF2RJWeekly.

I think this is a great idea, but to set up something like this and keep it working takes a lot more time than you might expect. It's gonna be important to promo it, so definitely make a thread on the tf.tv forums and maybe contact TF2JumpAcademy. If there's an easy system to sign up (google form) and maybe a couple of divisions for different experience jumpers it could be a pretty sweet weekly event.

Regarding the format though, I think having only 2 jumpers at a time would be a little boring, maybe larger groups (4 or 5) would be a bit better suited. Top 2 move on to next round, second 2 to loser's bracket, and last place just SOL.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:41:41 PM by protist ? »

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
This would be sick with the cross server plugin. Also probably 4 jumpers each race would be best, a 1v1 is boring unless they are equally matched. At least with 4 if there is one jumper in it way better than the others the other 3 have a chance to stay in it.

Superchuck

• Proficient
  • y-you too
    • View Profile
Maybe have a huge tournament with 3 brackets (NA, EU, AU) and when it comes down to the final 2-4 in each, have a finals bracket. .-.
The Rat Master

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy
This would be sick with the cross server plugin. Also probably 4 jumpers each race would be best, a 1v1 is boring unless they are equally matched. At least with 4 if there is one jumper in it way better than the others the other 3 have a chance to stay in it.

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
doitdoitdoittttttt

Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

Mr.Bacon

• View Profile
Totally forgot that I made this post, anyways, you guys would prefer more people and or a bracket style race? I also am going to contact AI about the cross server plugin and maybe we could get that to work. Making a tftv post tonight. What night would you want the stream to be held on, Friday works best for me. Also if anyone wants to cast and or help me manage let me know.

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
How much preparation has gone into this besides this thread

Mr.Bacon

• View Profile
OK well I have a test bracket made up, twitch account made, and I've been talking to AI about the cross server plugin possibility. Just need jumpers tbh.

Superchuck

• Proficient
  • y-you too
    • View Profile
OK well I have a test bracket made up, twitch account made, and I've been talking to AI about the cross server plugin possibility. Just need jumpers tbh.
Count me in!
The Rat Master