jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Jump&fly - MG movie

Shaoul · 17 · 3269

Shaoul

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
hello i would like to share a video i just achieved.

i don't know if it's ok to post that here because it's a frag movie, but it's about jumping too, as i just used jumping mechanical on a battflefield.

anyway, here's the link :

protist ?

• Novice
  • *floats around aimlessly*
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Your channel has almost an hours worth of low grav Orange server market gardening montages. If that isn't an achievement I don't know what is...

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
20 minutes of low grav market gardening...
No thank you

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
this is a bigger disgrace to jumping then i am

pardinensis

• View Profile
Hey Shaoul,

I don't think that the video you posted amazes anyone here. There are a couple of reasons for it:
- It's waaaaaaaay to long. Aim for around 2 to 3 minutes. Don't put in every clip you managed to get, but only your favourite ones.
- There is not much skill involved. Jumping in low gravity is much easier than with the usual settings, but if you want to show off your skill, making things easy is not the best approach.
- Each clip is kind of the same. There is not much variety nor creativity in these jumps. Yeah, you did some syncs and stuff but other than that, there's not much to see.

And by the way, if you want to learn how to jump properly, try some jump maps!

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile

Shaoul

• View Profile
Hey Shaoul,

I don't think that the video you posted amazes anyone here. There are a couple of reasons for it:
- It's waaaaaaaay to long. Aim for around 2 to 3 minutes. Don't put in every clip you managed to get, but only your favourite ones.
- There is not much skill involved. Jumping in low gravity is much easier than with the usual settings, but if you want to show off your skill, making things easy is not the best approach.
- Each clip is kind of the same. There is not much variety nor creativity in these jumps. Yeah, you did some syncs and stuff but other than that, there's not much to see.

And by the way, if you want to learn how to jump properly, try some jump maps!

hey , thank you for your constructive comment.

i don't want to show any "skill" like "lel look at me i'm 3good5you", that's not the purpose.
it's something different that we use to see, a mix of jump and frag. Low grav allow some reload while in the air, you can't actually streak kills on a normal grav or at least it's not really esthetic (imo).
i "proper jump" too :D , i dont know if you saw the entire vid but you can see a sync from b3 startpoint+4walljump on 4starter b3 (i'm not saying that i'm a good jumper, just that i already "proper jump" ;) )

i'm a bit confused by the others comments, kinda toxic, i tought jump community wasn't that "rood", but i can understand that the video doesn't really respect the "jump" standards, like normal grav and only jump.

seems that it was a mistake to post that here, eventually. But thank you for your comment.

i'm sorry for my grammar, english is not my native language.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
this is a bigger disgrace to jumping then i am

not even close
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

pardinensis

• View Profile
hey , thank you for your constructive comment.

i don't want to show any "skill" like "lel look at me i'm 3good5you", that's not the purpose.
But the purpose of jump/frag videos kind of is. Well, there is also stuff like this, but I hope you get the point.

it's something different that we use to see, a mix of jump and frag. Low grav allow some reload while in the air, you can't actually streak kills on a normal grav or at least it's not really esthetic (imo).
If you want to do jumps without having to reload, bind mouse1 to "+attack; impulse 101". That will refill your health and ammo every time you shoot a rocket. The problem is, that this only works if sv_cheats is enabled, so it's probably not suitable for market gardening. But also, 4 rockets (+ the ones you reload if you are high up in the air) are enough to do sick jumps followed by a market gardener kill. Just watch some montages like the one by our favourite Australian youtuber for example.

i "proper jump" too :D , i dont know if you saw the entire vid but you can see a sync from b3 startpoint+4walljump on 4starter b3 (i'm not saying that i'm a good jumper, just that i already "proper jump" ;) )

i'm a bit confused by the others comments, kinda toxic, i tought jump community wasn't that "rood", but i can understand that the video doesn't really respect the "jump" standards, like normal grav and only jump.
Well, you have to see that this community is just a bunch of neckbeards who define themselves by beating someone's time on shitty ass custom maps really no one cares about. But if a newbee thinks that low gravity market gardening is also fun then of course they hate, because they know that they are much better and they need to emphasize that by shit posting.

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
smh man... this is nowhere close to skilled, low gravity rocket jumping is the easiest thing in the world
its like me sharing frag clips on a 100% crits server
just no
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
hello friends let's not be toxic on the forums because we voted on this before

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
i wasnt going to post in this thread but here goes

none of you should have been that toxic, hell, im not even that toxic
is it really that hard to say "maybe this isnt the best thing but heres what you can do thats better" or something along those lines

funny how people can be so for "acceptance of newer players" and then do this

Superchuck

• Proficient
  • y-you too
    • View Profile

is it really that hard to say "maybe this isnt the best thing but heres what you can do thats better" or something along those lines

I agree with Melon here. Imagine being in his shoes, you worked really hard to produce something that you think is amazing and is something new. You post it on this website thinking you'll get some nice feedback and/or praise for doing such an amazing job. But no, you get ridiculed by "friendly" jumpers saying how low grav isn't considered jumping at all. I'm just saying that being toxic is NOT the way to be you asshats
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 01:50:45 PM by Superchuck »
The Rat Master

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile

only good melon post

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
thanks for your long overdue approval dad i really feel like a complete child who can now transition to an adult