jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Halfie Speed Shot

FLUX+ · 64 · 6185

ESKIN | Syro? #supernew

I pretty-much agree with everyone else, but I don't think we should refer to "halfies," that are specifically used to chain things together, as "failed speedshots" (but we don't need to name everything like this, as Vexon said).

EXC0

• Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
idk what is with jumping now and naming every single little piece of shit that comes up, first it was powerbounce instead of BOUNCEHOP, ITS A FUCKING BOUNCEHOP WITH A ROCKET DO YOU NEED A SPECIAL NAME? This is just as bad as calling something a "toe-tap" instead of saying that it is a low angled ctap or some shit oh my god what the heck. Honestly should we just call a bounce where you mistimed the scrollwheel a "bounce reset" hurr hurr. Christ people what has gotten in to you.

Melon

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
idk what is with jumping now and naming every single little piece of shit that comes up, first it was powerbounce instead of BOUNCEHOP, ITS A FUCKING BOUNCEHOP WITH A ROCKET DO YOU NEED A SPECIAL NAME? This is just as bad as calling something a "toe-tap" instead of saying that it is a low angled ctap or some shit oh my god what the heck. Honestly should we just call a bounce where you mistimed the scrollwheel a "bounce reset" hurr hurr. Christ people what has gotten in to you.

if youre genuinely asking its because the conversation can go two ways
"what do i do here?" "powerbounce" "thanks"
OR
"what do i do here?" "bouncehop" "i didnt go high enough what do?" "shoot a rocket" "oh"

which one is shorter

Washed up hack

• Intermediate
  • P O W E R B O U N C E
    • View Profile
I agree with melon. There is a difference between simply bhopping and powerbouncing and the naming difference is very convenient. This is like the 2nd time I saw that argument and it doesn't make sense. It's like saying jogging and sprinting shouldnt have different names, or some other better analogy.

Obeezy #1 fan

shoutout to my main man obz and my good friend b boogie. They are wonderful people.

FLUX+

• I have bonus WRs
    • View Profile

I understand that argument, I just thought it would be a cool way to reference an event. You don't have to use it if you don't care for it.
Bonus world records matter

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:53:01 PM by Exile2 »

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:53:09 PM by Exile2 »

Kendrick.

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Not all players know what "bouncehop/rockethop/etc" means, unless we tell them how to do so.

Honestly, I have no problem with whatever name it is, everyone has their own style of calling the techniques, and I call bouncehops as bunnyhop and powerbounce/rockethop as Bounce.

Arguing about jump technique names is pointless and stupid.

Just call whatever you want
Boom Boom

ESKIN | Syro? #supernew

Not all players know what "bouncehop/rockethop/etc" means, unless we tell them how to do so.

Honestly, I have no problem with whatever name it is, everyone has their own style of calling the techniques, and I call bouncehops as bunnyhop and powerbounce/rockethop as Bounce.

Arguing about jump technique names is pointless and stupid.

Just call whatever you want

I agree with Kendrick here, but I do think it's necessary to have at least 1 standardized name for whatever is actually used.

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile

ESKIN | Syro? #supernew

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
I love how every vocab thread ends up in a rockethop/powerbounce feud