• Frags: +0/-0
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
I wasn't aware that TFtv had a YouTube.. Maybe we should try their channel instead?
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

BQE

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I can tell you why I stopped jumping.

1. The community is crap.
2. New maps aren't that interesting.  The focus has become new ways to exploit the engine (power bounces, edge slides, normal bounces, edge bugs, etc etc).

Not much can be done about #1 and that's really just personal opinion anyways.  But if interesting maps were put out that didn't rely on gimmicky shit I don't care about, I'd still be jumping a lot more. 

Do more collab maps.  Take submissions, and have one or two people be the final editors, like how jump_christmas was made. 

HyperDan

• Advanced
    • View Profile
This idea probably sounded better in my head but here it goes:

I think it would be nice to see a competitive tournament between jumpers. Y'know, NA vs EU, or just a team that is made up of people from different continents like umm Soup Can, Lambda, Vexon, Seras and jondy as one team or some shit for 6v6 or 9v9

I mean, there was a competitive jump group IIRC but it only ran for one season or something

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
I think that it would be a good idea to post a thread about bringing more light to jumping on somewhere like tftv. To get non-hardcore jumpers opinions on what they think would be a step in the right direction.

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
I think that it would be a good idea to post a thread about bringing more light to jumping on somewhere like tftv

Y E S

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
eXtine has basically said he is willing to let rjweekly be featured on his channel and dellorts movie....now we need to figure out if we want to do that or TFtv or whatnot

Dellort prefers uploading his movie to his channel. If he doesn't get very many views, then he will let TFtv or eXtv feature it.

HyperDan

• Advanced
    • View Profile
eXtine has basically said he is willing to let rjweekly be featured on his channel and dellorts movie....now we need to figure out if we want to do that or TFtv or whatnot

Dellort prefers uploading his movie to his channel. If he doesn't get very many views, then he will let TFtv or eXtv feature it.

Who says we can't do both options? More publicity the better, but it'll come at the cost of more memes and shitposts and whatnot I suspect

Triga

• Intermediate
  • Vexon stole two of my jumps!
    • View Profile
Thought u left :p
The creator of multiple critically acclaimed maps ....

░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░█▄ █░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒█ ░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░ Representing London

Syro

I definitely agree that Extv isn't the best place to be going for more exposure. If anything we should try to see if we can get weekly/bi-weekly/monthly races streamed on teamfortress.tv and then plug TF2RJWeekly on that.

This seems like the best idea to me.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Well we need to do something.. The channels for rotw/jotw are eXtv (100% chance), TFtv (I will try contacting truktruk), and NISLT (I have no idea but will try and contact)

Scofield mentioned a cool idea for a jump competition...have a 1 v 1 jump tourny similar to MGE tournaments where theres ladders. Examples being Aurora VS Hyperdan and Guyyst VS Jondy, etc... Hyperdan wins, and Jondy wins so then its Hyperdan VS Jondy etc... We could have multiple ladders and the winner gets a prize.
The 1 vs 1 idea would be easier to watch as well because there's only 2 people racing.

fishy

gotta agree with dan is there any reason we cant shoot for being featured on both extv and tftv? the more publicity the better right?

Kendrick.

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Well we need to do something.. The channels for rotw/jotw are eXtv (100% chance), TFtv (I will try contacting truktruk), and NISLT (I have no idea but will try and contact)

Scofield mentioned a cool idea for a jump competition...have a 1 v 1 jump tourny similar to MGE tournaments where theres ladders. Examples being Aurora VS Hyperdan and Guyyst VS Jondy, etc... Hyperdan wins, and Jondy wins so then its Hyperdan VS Jondy etc... We could have multiple ladders and the winner gets a prize.
The 1 vs 1 idea would be easier to watch as well because there's only 2 people racing.
Boom Boom