Vexon · 86 · 12850

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • :}
    • View Profile
Kendrick you never know  ::)

UPDATED MAIN POST

sent enigma a PM on TFtv (he runs TFtv's channel)
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Well so far it looks good. Enigma immediately added me back and sent some positive feedback. Jumping might have a second home at TFtv soon enough :}

Kendrick.

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Well so far it looks good. Enigma immediately added me back and sent some positive feedback. Jumping might have a second home at TFtv soon enough :}

Hooray !
Boom Boom

Syro

I believe I've said this in the past but, there are people like me, who, want to compete in jump races but could never (or at least not for a while) compete with people like Jondy or Aurora.

One question and one suggestion:

Q: Would someone at my skill level (I can tt some t4's and most t3's if I try for an hour or two) ever be allowed to compete in jump races?

Suggestion: I think that if it's possible, there should be 2 levels at which one could compete. The first level being people who are as good as me or slightly better than me (using myself as an example but other examples would be: Fractal_Brot, Rise, and Juno), and the second: people like Jondy, Aurora, LTT, etc. This would give up-and-coming players a chance, which I think can inspire confidence as well as a determination to continue jumping.

I've said this already on the jump races stream thread (I think)

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Jump divisions?!

Certainly would be possible if races/tourneys become semi-regular.

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
I believe I've said this in the past but, there are people like me, who, want to compete in jump races but could never (or at least not for a while) compete with people like Jondy or Aurora.

One question and one suggestion:

Q: Would someone at my skill level (I can tt some t4's and most t3's if I try for an hour or two) ever be allowed to compete in jump races?

Suggestion: I think that if it's possible, there should be 2 levels at which one could compete. The first level being people who are as good as me or slightly better than me (using myself as an example but other examples would be: Fractal_Brot, Rise, and Juno), and the second: people like Jondy, Aurora, LTT, etc. This would give up-and-coming players a chance, which I think can inspire confidence as well as a determination to continue jumping.

I've said this already on the jump races stream thread (I think)

Multiple divisions for jumper races would be cool, but watching people struggle on maps isnt entertaining in a race.

Syro

but watching people struggle on maps isn't entertaining in a race.

The only times that I'd imagine someone (at my level) struggling to complete a jump is if they're doing a t5 or t6 (perhaps a hard t4).

There are a lot of great t3's and t4's that I have no problem running, and I'm sure that people at my level would do fine (I get your point though).

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
"Streamed events will need to be experimented with before we tackle those."

Care to elaborate here?

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Well we need to do something.. The channels for rotw/jotw are eXtv (100% chance), TFtv (I will try contacting truktruk), and NISLT (I have no idea but will try and contact)

Scofield mentioned a cool idea for a jump competition...have a 1 v 1 jump tourny similar to MGE tournaments where theres ladders. Examples being Aurora VS Hyperdan and Guyyst VS Jondy, etc... Hyperdan wins, and Jondy wins so then its Hyperdan VS Jondy etc... We could have multiple ladders and the winner gets a prize.
The 1 vs 1 idea would be easier to watch as well because there's only 2 people racing.

I like that aswell

HyperDan

• Advanced
    • View Profile
Well we need to do something.. The channels for rotw/jotw are eXtv (100% chance), TFtv (I will try contacting truktruk), and NISLT (I have no idea but will try and contact)

Scofield mentioned a cool idea for a jump competition...have a 1 v 1 jump tourny similar to MGE tournaments where theres ladders. Examples being Aurora VS Hyperdan and Guyyst VS Jondy, etc... Hyperdan wins, and Jondy wins so then its Hyperdan VS Jondy etc... We could have multiple ladders and the winner gets a prize.
The 1 vs 1 idea would be easier to watch as well because there's only 2 people racing.

I like that aswell

That's just abuse putting me up against people better than me. Maybe just normal MGE would be better lmao

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
We could possibly have 3 divisions?

Division 3 (Bronze Div): Only does T1-T2 maps
Division 2 (Silver Div): Can do T1-T4 maps
Division 1 (Gold Div): Does all maps T1-T6

I say T6 maps should only be in the semi and grand final race (exclusively Gold Div) because most of them are slow and boring to watch even when the top jumpers run them.

It would be cool to keep T1 maps in all divisions since the skill ceiling goes up for each division. Plus the races would be closer, and map times would be more imressive depending on the division.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:42:47 AM by Vexon »

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile

Care to elaborate here?

Gotta get everything 100% figured out before we attempt to stream any competitions. We don't want to have our 1st streamed jump competition be an absolute failure.

HyperDan

• Advanced
    • View Profile

Care to elaborate here?

Gotta get everything 100% figured out before we attempt to stream any competitions. We don't want to have our 1st streamed jump competition be an absolute failure.

*cough* Weap0wned jump race stream *cough*

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile

Care to elaborate here?

*cough* Weap0wned jump race stream *cough*

Exactly my point.

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
I feel a good starting point would be a dedicated race plugin.