Welcome B)

TFtv/NISLT/jump.tf Collab

Vexon · 86 · 12855

SALSAA

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
I feel a good starting point would be a dedicated race plugin.
I believe AI got his racing bot plugin thing to work, however a plugin with a timer and countdown & whatnot i dont think exists, but i believe AI would code it for the streams
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
His CSR plugin is in the works still.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

protist ?

• Novice
  • *floats around aimlessly*
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Maybe it would also help to expand what TF2RJWeekly does. There could be market gardens of the week, or good tutorials on how to rocket jump, or tips and tricks on harder maps. Basically just make it so there is more stuff for people of a broader audience to watch.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Maybe it would also help to expand what TF2RJWeekly does. There could be market gardens of the week, or good tutorials on how to rocket jump, or tips and tricks on harder maps. Basically just make it so there is more stuff for people of a broader audience to watch.

Good idea, but we would need more editors for that.

Washed up hack

• Intermediate
  • P O W E R B O U N C E
    • View Profile
More tutorials would be a really good idea, especially if they aren't abandoned within two parts...  ::)

Have a video for each technique explaining what it is, how to do it, its usefulness, examples, etc. A lot of the information could be hard to grasp for newer jumpers and simple explanations could really help. Could also make proper showcases for all maps and the proper way to do them. Jumpbot was attempting to do this but not all servers have it and a lot of people play offline. I think some of tempus' s/dvid selection uses some rotw's as a showcase which isn't ideal imo since they're going really fast and using more advanced strats. It would also be good just to have a showcase archive of all of them in the same place for easier access.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 09:13:31 PM by Foss l Obeezyfanclub »
Obeezy #1 fan

shoutout to my main man obz and my good friend b boogie. They are wonderful people.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
If we did a tutorial we should keep it on rjweeklys page. TFtv is for the impressive stuff, not learning. I do like the idea of Market Garden/Caber of the Week or something though.

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
How about divisions to divide skill levels, but entrance to divisions is based off of tempus/submitted demos. For example, lowest division entrance would require you to have finished some t5 maps, the exact ones chosen requiring a range of skills to beat. Next division might be t6 completions, then top division would be hard t6 and good times on tough maps perhaps. There could be lower divisions but I'm not really thinking about them since it would be dull to watch. It would also be just for getting into a division, the actual races would be on maps of all skill levels that are suitable for the division.

This would put jumpers of similar skill together in races, and give them some meaningful progression in their skill. Of course sandbagging might be a problem, but could be fixed by making the top jumper in each division move up or changing peoples divisions in some cases. soup would still sandbag the top div but nothing can be done about that.

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
mouse*s tutorial should be all anyone ever needs

Syro

Good idea, but we would need more editors for that.

I think we should make a thread where people can sign up to become editors.

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
I didn't even know NISLT was a thing, but 475k subscribers and daily videos seems like a good option if they would be interested.   I think the biggest growth area is noobs and fan-level people, who get psyched by seeing cool shit, and inspired to do it themselves.  People who are already into comp probably want to concentrate on comp stuff, and I've even seen an attitude among those types sometimes that looks down on pure jump as dumb since "most of it doesn't help in comp".

I think if we are looking for some channel/s to team up with, for best results they should probably have noobish viewers tbh, rather than veterans who almost certainly know about jump stuff and have their priorities already established.  I was going to suggest finding out who was the most popular tf2 youtuber who was decent at jumping, and pitching something to them, but maybe NISLT would be the best option out there. They get very good view counts, and seem to be targeted at a good demographic.  Anyone have any insight on that channel or know siN who seems to run it?

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
More tutorials would be a really good idea, especially if they aren't abandoned within two parts...  ::)
What tutorial are you talking about?
man cannot ascend with worldly values holding him down

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
What tutorial are you talking about?
Glows tutorial...

Torii

• Intermediate
  • Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
    • View Profile
...people, who get psyched by seeing cool shit, and inspired to do it themselves.

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Well Dan is back..

The good thing about this is that we are in no hurry to choose what we want to do. The NISLT channel would be a great place to start, and I will do my best to contact siN and see if he'd be interested. Like I said before, nothing is 100%...which is good because we can explore every option. It is nice to know eXtv, and TFtv have both approved of all 3 of my ideas, so we do have a good track record. People want these ideas on their channels, which is a nice confidence boost. I am sure when I get ahold of NISLT, he would gladly let us be a part of the team given our track record. Once again, nothing is 100% so we can look deep into every option. It is nice to know we have a few confirmed options already, though.