website logo design competition

John · 37 · 5759

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
Hello friends,

Now that Beginnings3 and dellort's democall are over, it's time we filled in the void with something a bit different. We would like to thank Afterglow for allowing us to use his jump.tf logo for the past years, but it's time for something different.

We're looking for a new, clean logo design that can be applied to videos and the sort. Although, if you want to go for a more busy, creative take on the logo, feel free to. As long as it looks amazing, anything goes!

When submitting your design, we'd like a 1920x1080 and a 320x180 size. However, as long as your image is scalable and looks decent enough, I'm sure it'll be fine. We just don't want you having to remake anything if you win and the image doesn't fit the technical needs.

You can submit your designs via private message or email me directly at john@jump.tf.

The deadline is currently: April 23rd, 2016 11:59 PM PST.

Preanswered questions:

Q) Will there be a prize for the winner?
A) At first we had a prize set up for the winner, but the donator backed out essentially. So at this time, there is no prize. However, I'll update this part if we do get a prize ready. The pot is currently 20 keys! Distribution is most likely 10, 6, 4 for top 3, but may change.

Q) How will the winner be chosen?
A) We'll have a community vote in the coming weeks after the deadline. Of course, we reserve the right to ignore any top winners if they turn out to be exile-level designs.

Q) Why not exile-level designs?
A) Because the community isn't ready for the greatness that is Exile MSPaint art. Maybe in a future competition.

Any other questions? Ask them below.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:44:19 PM by John »

Oatmeal

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Something similar to the Beginnings logo would be neat.

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Do you need a square logo and a large logo?
(confused by the resolutions you asked for)

Also: is transparent background needed?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:05:47 PM by Sir Plopy »

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

He probably would prefer a transparent background because the background where the image is going is grey

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile

Transparent background would be best, so that it can be used in a variety of situations.  Also the smaller one is just to make sure it can be read and understood easily at smaller resolutions.

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Also, if you have ideas about how to depict the jumping aspect of tf2 and the name in a logoish fashion but don't have the skills to make a finished, professional-looking image, feel free to contribute a rough sketch or writeup of what you think might be cool, that someone else can run with.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile
Remember, the only thing stopping you is your own imagination and federal laws. Use any color scheme you want and we'll change the forum style accordingly if need be.

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Remember, the only thing stopping you is your own imagination and federal laws. Use any color scheme you want and we'll change the forum style accordingly if need be.

I cringed

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
smh john.

you will have ur shit
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile

I cringed

if you're cringing from that i have some bad news about real life ...

Updated main post with what we're mainly looking for

Washed up hack

• Intermediate
  • P O W E R B O U N C E
    • View Profile
Has there even been any submissions yet? I will unveil my masterpiece later tonight just for you John. :)
Obeezy #1 fan

shoutout to my main man obz and my good friend b boogie. They are wonderful people.

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy
I'd be more interested in funding a video to promote jumping as a game mode, if it can be on par with JA's Zero to Hero video, and especially if it both shows off the individual techniques and their applications in PvP gameplay.

Having a logo would then only be part of it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:12:26 PM by AI »

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
I'd be more interested in funding a video to promote jumping as a game mode, if it can be on par with JA's Zero to Hero video, and especially if it both shows off the individual techniques and their applications in PvP gameplay.

Having a logo would then only be part of it.

That is an amazing idea, but who would be dedicated to actually do something like this? We can't even get people to make a logo for us
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Washed up hack

• Intermediate
  • P O W E R B O U N C E
    • View Profile
Just for you Vexon, my man.

A bit uneven, and not the correct font but you boys can fix it up. :-)

I also just realized as I posted it, that it should say jump.tf and not just jump... and I only saved the image so I can't go back and edit the text layer. Too much work to fix at this point tbh
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 08:41:01 PM by Foss l Obeezyfanclub »
Obeezy #1 fan

shoutout to my main man obz and my good friend b boogie. They are wonderful people.