Welcome B)

website logo design competition

John · 37 · 5760

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
at least you tried (will go into voting still)

and @ai: yeah but the donors we have are like rnc and that's basically it from our forums

Washed up hack

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • P O W E R B O U N C E
    • View Profile
Thank you John, it means a lot :0). Can we get a sneak peak on the submissions, or am I the only one?
Obeezy #1 fan

shoutout to my main man obz and my good friend b boogie. They are wonderful people.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile
they'll all be released at a future date. no you're not the only submission.

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy
@Foss: That's hilariously appropriate.

@John: If made as a jump.tf x JA supported project, I can justify helping to fund it as well.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
i have some knowledge in graphic media

installing photoshop now

prepare for mediocrity

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
upon beginning a design i was slammed with the following issue

if i use a font, that font would have to be bought, correct?

the license for most crappy free fonts state personal use only anyway, i dont know if this website falls under that guideline

on a scale of 1 to sued how much do the admins care about using fonts without permission or licensing

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
We would like to stay away from legal prosecution.

True, but on the other hand, jump.tf is not a commercial enterprise.  We aren't selling anything, or making any money from it at all. We don't even run ads, so under most definitions I don't think it would qualify for commercial use.   

In any case, there are plenty of free fonts out there that are made to look very similar to popular paid ones, and you can always convert the text to shape layers and tweak them a bit to avoid using an exact font. So many are very close to each other anyway.

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
Even if we have legal rights to use some font non-comercially imo it would be a set back if some company claimed we didn't

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Even if we have legal rights to use some font non-comercially imo it would be a set back if some company claimed we didn't
Yeah, better safe than sorry, but it shouldn't be a huge problem to find a free font that looks close to what you want if we need to change it, so I wouldn't worry too much about it in the design stage at least.

fishy

i'm not a graphic designer at all but here's a super rough markup of an idea i had, maybe shift some stuff around but i like the idea of having a RL silhouette

if anyone likes it, here's a starting point

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
i'm not a graphic designer at all but here's a super rough markup of an idea i had, maybe shift some stuff around but i like the idea of having a RL silhouette

but thats classist towards demos  >:( >:( >:(

but on a real note, i like the idea of RL/SL silhouettes (like the BG3 ones)....wait why dont we just get whoever made the BG3 ones
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

but on a real note, i like the idea of RL/SL silhouettes (like the BG3 ones)....wait why dont we just get whoever made the BG3 ones

fishy

because the bg3 ones are animated 3d models and not static 2d silhouettes, unless you just want those renders in it which would be cool

@exile: plsno

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
How do I vote for Exile's? ???
man cannot ascend with worldly values holding him down