jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

dellort's jump movie progress thread

dellort · 161 · 23644

dellort

• Novice
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys, editing is taking a little longer than expected since I extended the movie slightly to fit in most of the remaining jumps. I should have a draft-render ready next weekend which I'll send to a few people to get feedback on, assuming that render is fine the final render will be out not long after.

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
Hype! Very excited to see this movie, gonna be neat-o
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
looking forward to it
It's about time you registered you nerd

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
tbh I understand this movie is going to be most likely great but don't put this much pressure on the editor...

It's impossible for Dellort to make a bad movie.

Triga

• Intermediate
  • Vexon stole two of my jumps!
    • View Profile
tbh I understand this movie is going to be most likely great but don't put this much pressure on the editor...

It's impossible for Dellort to make a bad movie.
probably true
The creator of multiple critically acclaimed maps ....

░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░█▄ █░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒█ ░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░ Representing London

dellort

• Novice
    • View Profile

There's not really any pressure, I edit mostly for fun and the fact that my movies are fairly popular in the community is just a bonus. Jump Fortress 2 has been my worst movie in terms of views/feedback but it was the most fun to make of all the movies.

So far this movie is turning out pretty well, the only big criticism I have of it myself is it's too heavy on first-person footage (not enough interesting smooths) but I had so much footage to try and use that going heavy on extra camera work would have turned this into at least the length of Weightless, probably longer. As it stands now it's not as long but the pace is really fast, fortunately most of the jumps are easy to follow in terms of what's happening.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
honestly theres nothing wrong with less third person shots, jump content is really important in a jump movie and i certainly dont mind seeing more of it

fishy

as long as it's easy to follow speed is good, matches the flow of jumping in general

dellort

• Novice
    • View Profile
Did you use HLAE?

Only for a few clips, I typically just control the SourceTV camera manually using keyboard inputs. HLAE is nice if you want camera rotation or some more complicated panning though.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Did you use HLAE?

Only for a few clips, I typically just control the SourceTV camera manually using keyboard inputs. HLAE is nice if you want camera rotation or some more complicated panning though.

Very excited to see what you have done with this movie. How long do you think it'll be after it's all said and done?

dellort

• Novice
    • View Profile
Did you use HLAE?

Very excited to see what you have done with this movie. How long do you think it'll be after it's all said and done?

It's 14 minutes but keep in mind the credits are over 2 mins long featuring only a single jump clip, the actual jumping segment is closer to 11 mins