jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Real talk

Mireal · 26 · 3907

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Why are freezeglitches banned and not triple pres????!
man cannot ascend with worldly values holding him down

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
Why do you keep shitposting in non-shitposting posts

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Why do you keep shitposting in non-shitposting posts
This is not a shitpost, Daniel. I'm genuinely curious why triple pres - something that RUINS demo speedrunning is allowed while freezeglitching isnt't?

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
Triple prefires are a strategy that can be used. Same for freezeglitches but freeglitches can be abused, unlike triple prefires.

It's like saying: "Syncs should be banned because they make you go fast xddd"

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
honestly fuck triple pres

i wouldnt mind keeping them if soldier maps below t5 didnt count for demo points but clearly that isnt going to happen so FUCK them

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Daniel you just contradicted yourself buddy. Saying freeze glitches can be abused and triple prefires can't?? :-\ :-\
Triple pres make what would be a hard airpogo into an effortless jump and you say this is a "strategy".... Smh

Syro

It's not like triple pres are a bug, or an exploit that you might abuse. Triple pres are made possible due to the regen of most maps/tempus, and they're not exactly an exploit due to the coding of the game (I'm counting regen in maps as an exception).

If you want to see triple pres go away, make maps that PREVENT them from being possible. Just like any unintended strat in a soldier map, triple pres probably weren't intentional when most maps were being made. Triple-pres are a strategy, just like any soldier strat.

I don't care if it takes 0 skill, it's still just as valid as any soldier strat.

ᶜᵒᵘᶫᵈ ʷᵉ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵇᵃᶰ ᴹᶦʳᵉᵃᶫ ᵃᵍᵃᶦᶰ﹖

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
The problem is tempus makes triple pres too easy. You can sometimes do them on some maps offline but for the most part prefires end up killing you. They just create a rift between offline and tempus speedrunning.

please don't ban me johnathan

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
tempus is one of the only servers (if not THE only server) that makes consistent triple prefires possible. in an offline situation you might dare to try one or two in your run but certainly you wouldnt be doing them every jump. honestly soldier maps under tier 5 shouldnt even give toptime points to demomen, this cancer is real and eating away at demo jumping

Syro

tempus is one of the only servers (if not THE only server) that makes consistent triple prefires possible. in an offline situation you might dare to try one or two in your run but certainly you wouldnt be doing them every jump. honestly soldier maps under tier 5 shouldnt even give toptime points to demomen, this cancer is real and eating away at demo jumping

Just because it's inconsistent doesn't mean that it's impossible to integrate into runs.

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
What would happen if we got rid of them though? Wipe all demo runs?

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
its not just that its inconsistent, its like 80% deadly

but not on tempus

Syro

Personally, I think that triple-pres haven't done any justice to demo jumping (and I'd like to see them removed). I just think your argument against them doesn't work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
I'd love a game mode where no double or triple pres from off the ground are allowed. For normal jumping though, triple pres are just part of the game now. To be competitive you have to use them when you can. It really does make some maps awful to run, namely soldier maps designed for speedruns, where you almost only triple pre, but that's just how it works.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
Demo regen is something added to tempus servers, freeze-glitching is not. One is controllable while one isn't.

Even though triple-pres literally ruin demo jumping, you're comparing apples to oranges.