Welcome B)

cl_pitchdown

Melon · 18 · 5042

Melon

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
didnt we vote to ban the use of this command on tempus?

why is it still not banned?/???

if youre going to be the cheapest cheater and angle bhop at LEAST line up the angle by yourself, for hecks sake

pitchdown is way too easy and is essentially cheating

Superchuck

• Proficient
  • y-you too
    • View Profile
That's like saying we should ban the use of mwheel for bhops
That's like saying we should ban the use of ctap scripts
That's like saying we should ban the use of fullbright
That's like saying we should ban the use of console entirely

Not saying this isn't a terrible idea, it's just that some people use other console commands to help with some maps.
The Rat Master

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure the reason it's not banned is because it can't be. Servers can not block certain client commands because they only run on the client and nothing gets sent to the server, hud_reloadscheme for example.

gibus

• Intermediate
  • MEDIC!
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Imo it should be allowed, just like anything else that you can do offline in speedruns. Online and offline jumping should be made as similar to each other as possible so speedruns can be compared fairly.
˄˅

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
Pressing a single button for something that should take multiple key presses should be banned. No way to do it, but angled bounce hops are so stupid. If you use it, fine. But mad respect to the people who wr maps without dumb scripts like ctap scripts and stuff.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Pressing a single button for something that should take multiple key presses should be banned.
So ban every script there is?? Even a simple jump+duck+shoot script?

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Pressing a single button for something that should take multiple key presses should be banned.
So ban every script there is?? Even a simple jump+duck+shoot script?
If it was my way, yeah.. But it isn't possible anyway so this thread is kinda pointless. You can't limit that stuff

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
Fuck all scripts, seriously

If you can't just press the normal keys you don't deserve to use a crutch

EDIT: ESPECIALLY for easy cheat techniques like angled bhops, this shit ruins lives

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Fuck all scripts, seriously

If you can't just press the normal keys you don't deserve to use a crutch

EDIT: ESPECIALLY for easy cheat techniques like angled bhops, this shit ruins lives
We need a like button because I wanna like this.

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
the use of ALL scripts in an online competitive environment should be BANNED

jayess

• Novice
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure the reason it's not banned is because it can't be. Servers can not block certain client commands because they only run on the client and nothing gets sent to the server, hud_reloadscheme for example.

Yeah, pretty much this. cl_pitchdown is usable on Tempus because we spoof sv_cheats to the client to allow client-side cheats (mainly mat_fullbright).

We'll probably disable the cheats plugin to prevent abuse of this, just need to confirm with Rob.

ctap scripts are also ok apparently

Are they? The wait command should be disabled on all servers.

Superchuck

• Proficient
  • y-you too
    • View Profile
Yeah, pretty much this. cl_pitchdown is usable on Tempus because we spoof sv_cheats to the client to allow client-side cheats (mainly mat_fullbright).

We'll probably disable the cheats plugin to prevent abuse of this, just need to confirm with Rob.
nooooo, I need full bright on some maps D:
The Rat Master

Boshy

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Rob said that you shouldn't use cl_pitchdown for angled bhops, no idea if it also applies to any other instances (like lvl 5 on exilenpals where you sync straight up). You can't restrict it unless you disable sv_cheats on the server which would also prevent the use of fullbright and other helpful stuff like that.

Now about the trick itself. I don't get why people think angled bhops are EASIER or even cheating. First you have to line up the angle perfectly, then you also need to not miss the bhop itself, while for downpogo you just shoot a wall. It's harder, yet faster way to do a wallpogo level with a bhop, BUT if you miss it more than once you are already loosing time (on like 95% of maps). Besides speedruns it also allows people who are not good at wallpogo to skip it. I personally use only walkshots (like walk right + shot -> bhop/bounce), unless the bhop saves like 30+ secs(without pitchdown obviously). And remember that we are talking about wallpogo on DEMO maps as SOLDIER. There are only 4 maps (at least that I know of) that are made for solly wallpogo and 2 of them you can't angle bhop at all (wallclimb and acepogo) and other 2 are way too hard anyway to have a big impact on times (attached and squared). And since demo maps don't have intended routes for solly, I don't see a problem. Or you can just make it so tempus wouldn't give points for demo maps as solly and solly maps as demo, only completion.

I took hardcore inspiration from hl2 speedrunning trick called save/load buffering (combined with damage boosting) when I came up with angled bhops. The intention was to make it so you can skip SOME really high wallpogos to save time, not to try and bhop every wallpogo level ever. Besides it made random bhops/bounces not as overpowered and lucky.
That's it, just wanted to say what I think about it as a jumping strat/trick.

Note: Using cl_pitchdown only saves about 3 to 5 secs compared to doing it with low sens and in no way can be compared to freezeglitching.

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
Just because its usable doesn't mean it's not banned.