Welcome B)

new servers

Melon · 21 · 3174

Melon

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
recently the east advanced server has been shitting the bed quite often, and i got to thinking

servers cost money, so how could we afford to upgrade them since afterglow has a finite amount of money?

what id like to suggest is a patreon-type deal

if we get X people to donate 1 dollar a month that could add up to quite a bit in the long run, and get us some new servers

if we want tempus to ever come out of "beta" and become a more commonly known and looked up to professional jump server, we really need to eliminate the blind luck from runs

fibu

• View Profile

Benroads

• Novice
    • View Profile
Do the other servers have issues like US East/West Adv do? I don't play on them nearly as much but the other two newbie servers never seemed to have issues and typically have a higher player count.

Superchuck

• Proficient
  • y-you too
    • View Profile
I'm game for this, maybe add a US Dallas server ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Rat Master

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
just as a quick note id have no issues with donating 5 dollars a month towards the servers, and if we could get even 4 more people thatd be more than enough to pay for a 24 slot multiplay server

Dr Gains

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Ive actually been waiting to get a hold of rob for a new server in west canada, still hasnt accepted friend request. I find it impossible trying to 1 wall downpogo with the servers now. Id be game to throw up to $30(can) per month for how ever long I still jump.

gibus

• Intermediate
  • MEDIC!
    • View Profile
    • Steam
If we do this I would encourage glow to have the new server to actually be hosted in the east coast, maybe New York or Virginia. Either that or change the name of the server to Tempus Midwest.
˄˅

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
Give donators a tag and it will encourage people prolly. Make a !donate option in the server too or something. Bam, would get tons of money for the jump.tf team to use for servers and events.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
idk I kind of wanted to stay away from the whole 'donator perks' thing and just leave it to a relatively small group of reliable jumpers who do it to keep the server alive.

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Yeah I agree, the whole donator perks/tags etc. just makes a server look tacky and gives off the wrong vibe.

Peace

• I like demo :D
    • View Profile
just as a quick note id have no issues with donating 5 dollars a month towards the servers, and if we could get even 4 more people thatd be more than enough to pay for a 24 slot multiplay server

Its a bit more complicated then just buying a 24 slot server

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

fishy

im willing to drop $20 a month consistently for this if we can make it happen.

to help the overall fund that is.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
Clearly there's enough money, so when is it going down
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
we need to run this by admins and also afterglow, so someone that actually knows them please do that